Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Pain and Ringing but no infection.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Pain and Ringing but no infection.

Hello. I wake up every morning with ear pain and it comes and goes through out the day, in both ears. I've been to 3 doctors, all of which have told me that I don't have any ear infections. A couple said i don't have any wax in my ears if thats relevant. I'm 23 years old, if that is also relevant. Sometimes i get a clear discharge from my ears, just a clear fluid thats there when i touch the tip of the inside of my ear. I also get the sensation of fluid being behind my ears when i rub the skin where my sideburns are, but that comes and goes so i know the fluid drains.

What should i do? I'm really at a loss, and sometimes it feels like i can't hear as well, ever so slightly.
Avatar n tn
I forgot to mention i have a constant ringing in my ears, ever since trying garamycin antibiotic ear drops to try and better my condition.
Have you already seen an ENT Specialist?  
Avatar n tn
Nope, how would i go about doing that?
I would ask your regular physician for a referral to an ENT Specialist.  If you don't need a referral, find one and make an appointment.