Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Pressure Imbalance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Pressure Imbalance

Im not sure if im having ear infection and it feels like ear pressure imbalance, im not sure what is it called! I can balance my ear by swallowing to get a peep sound but then my right ear still blocking which i dont know why. when im talking to someone, i hear myself talking very softly its likes my voice being blocked by a wall. actually i talk really load. so in order to hear myself clearly, i have to raise my voice!. I hate this feeling. i went to few ENT but nothing works and it comes more often now. when i press my right ear, it hurts but according to the ent docs i've seen, there is nothing wrong with my ear! does anyone ever experience this before? please advise.

thank you
Avatar n tn
i have had ear and head pressure that comes and goes, it is annoying, but there is nothing wrong with my ears either, It could be from weather changes or if you have been on a plane, i recently went on a plane and get ear pain while landing and pressure, and still have it after that. Also aniexty can cause that to.
Do you also have
fluctuating hearing loss?
tinnitus?
episodic vertigo? (rocking/disorientation, as opposed to spinning)?

Do the symptoms come together or are they separate?

Have you have a "head cold" or anything similar to that recently?