Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear canal fungal infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear canal fungal infection?

I thought I had already posted this but it hasn't appeared in the forum.  So here goes again.
I had a bad ear canal infection about 5 months ago (after visiting my audiologist!?!) and decided
to self treat with a 50% white vinegar solution, using a Q-tip (I know, you're not supposed to do that!).  
It worked because the infection went away.  However,
a couple of weeks later, the ear began draining again, but no odor.  I went to the doc who then prescribed
antibiotics with the advice that I should see an ENT if it did not clear up.  Well, it didn't and now I'm
waiting for my ENT appointment.  The issue is further  complicated because I wear a
hearing aid in that ear.  I will let you know how it goes, and if it is a fungus -- I'm told fungal infections are
very difficult to get rid of.