Ear pain and fullness with headaches and neck pain
I was wondering, does anyone have ear pain without any ear problems?
I have been checked out by Neuro, ENT and GP and NOTHING. I'm wondering if I have TMJ but I don't know.
Here are my symptoms...
Right ear pain
Right ear fullness/ringing
Pain behind right eye
spot headaches on right side
grinding teeth at night
stiff neck - going into my shoulders

I had an MRI/MRA back in Oct and all it showed was chronic sinusitis which I am being treated for by my ENT however he knows the pain is not coming from my ear. I am worried. Could this be an aneursym? I know a tumor or something like that would have showed on MRI. I've heard horror stories about aneurysms in carotid arteries and next to ear. I'm terrified of dying from one. Does this sound like that? Should I have another test? I am going to see a TMJ specialist in March but I feel I can't wait that long and sadly my birthday is tomorrow and I just want to know what is wrong with me! If anyone could help I would be more than greatful. Does anyone know about TMJ or aneurysms?
I would appreciate it...THANKS and good luck to all of you!
I have had the same symptoms for the past month. Noticed I was dizzy driving on the highway, couldn't drive, then became more dizzy. I have had 4 visits to doectors, first one said there was fluid in my ears, gave me medication for teh dizziness, doesn't really help. I went to my regular Dr. who orded an x-ray which didn't show nay issues in my sinusses. right now I am taking nasonex(2 days in) and medication fior dizziness, Nasonex has helped a bit, but I still have pressure/tingling in my head and still don't hink i should drive, So FRUSTRATING! At least I've stopped thinking I have a tumor since I started reading this thread.
I'm very glad I found this thread, I thought this was something i just have to live with. I'm 27 years old and about 6 years back I had an intense ear infection, it lasted about two years. I was in hell, a growth grew on my ear that the ENT didn't think was necessary to test, I took medicine a,b, c, d, e, f to treat and it finally went away. However, I had this stuffyness and ringing in my ear that lingered.
I saw a doctor and they told me my nose was stuffed on my right side causing my right ear. I went through medicine a, b, c, d nose spray and they did nothing. I saw about 5 doctors and finally ignored it after I was told its tinnitus ringing in my ear. I thought i would just have to live with it.  
About 2 years ago I started getting headaches and neck pains. My dentist told me i grind my teeth so i started wearing a mouth guard. Now off and on I have neck pains that lead to headaches, than pain in my cheek and jaw.
I saw my regular doctor who recommended massages or muscle relaxers. I hate taking drugs, absolutely hate taking drugs so i started getting massages. They did help a little but the pain came back here and there.
In the last month it's been almost unbearable.
I'm really tired often, the only time i feel comfortable is when I lay down or ice my neck. I am going to see my doctor again and an ENT. If anyone has any help it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Paul
I just found this and like the rest of you am glad I did so.
I’m a 56 yr. old male nonsmoker, non-drinker. I have very loud tinnitus in my left ear 24/7, I also have fullness a lot to the point to where it feels like me ear is going to explode. I have ear pain in same ear and it radiates outward to the top of my head and down to my neck with inflammation.
I’ve see a many doctors and even been twice to the Shea Ear Clinic in Memphis, TN. They did profusion on my ear but it hasn’t helped. I’ve tried acupuncture, chiropractic, vitamin regiments all haven’t helped. In fact as time passes it gets worse. Now I have a burning in the left ear too. I just want my life back.

thanks all Blair
I'm very glad I found this thread, I thought I was alone suffrering through this. I started with Flu like symptoms with ear pain in Dec 2011 . saw my Doctor and she said had ear infection so I recieved antibiotics, did not do much. I feel ear pain, fullness, popping, ringging in my Right ear, waking up with Neck pain on Right side, vertigo symptoms. Saw my ENT and he tested for pressure on my rt ear and it was really elevated, he said possible fluid, so he performed a minor insicion on my ear drum and tryed to suction the fluid out but no fluid. well since then I had MRI, CT, Ultrasound to check my siliva glands possible clogged, but only showed swollen but no blockage. My ENT said possible TMJ wants to send me to Physical Therapy. I have take pain meds (I hate it), was also given hypertension Meds only relifes for a bit, but does nothing. I am tired of going to see the MD, and temp relief. If anybody has a remidie I would like to try. Thx Jrios
mri could check for acoustic neuroma--benign tumour pressing on auditory nerve.
hello! I am 18 years old and i was suffered from ear pain with neck pain. during the pain time was 3 pm and my doc was not at clinic. so i tried home remedy.
1) I took an Olive oil and put some garlic and then heated it.
2) After this i gently put drops in my ear until it fulls.
3)  Than after 30-40 min my pain reliefs. And the interesting thing is that during posting and reading your comments my pain reliefs.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU!!!!

NOTE:
Only try this if your ear drums are not swollen. if you put these drops in your swollen ear then you will get more pain and doctor will remove it and it will be more painful to you.

but it is good method!!!!
My daughter who is 26 has this ear pain with nothing the doctors can see. Im going to buy her the eardoc. It vibrates the ear and lets fluid out. It is on u tube under myeardoc. It was on the tv show the dr.'s. Hope it works and hope it helps you.
My son is only 18, and he has many of these symptoms.  He cannot even function! I am obsessed 24-7 with finding him relief!  have you found any relief yet?
Hi , i have suffered for 2 years now have a creaking noise in my left ear pain behind ear and in the side of my neck i have worn a tooth gaurd non stop and hasnt helped pain kiler also no help, do suffer dizzyness sometimes .
The dentist has checked my teeth and all ok could anyone advise me if ct scan would be helpfull as i am worried this has not got any better.
I have suffered with ear pains and full of pressure for 18 months and in last year headaches Luke sinus ones and sometimes migrane type ones! I am 40 and maybe pre menopause due to early hysterectomy, I have 2 young kids and hubby in army, it is a struggle and hard work everyday as no one knows how much it hurts
I have had MRI and ct and even nasal surgery and nothing there and nothing has helped, now ent has closed their file and referred me to physio saying it may be my neck!
I am fed up!
I am scared to fly now too and really need to in December to take my kids to Cyprus where their dad will be working
Any help would be great thanks x
Not sure if u received my question as i cant find where it was sent, but i am desperately wanting to know if u r asymptomatic now? I am suffering all of the symptoms you listed.
While these symptoms could all be coincidental occursnces totally un related to each other, (I doubt it but stranger things have happened) I do have a word of advice go the gentleman who fears death from an  anyurism or cva. You have had multiple scans, an ultrasound and have been seen by a number of physicians. Every thing came up unremarkable. To you my advice is simply stop looking up symptoms on the Internet, your likely to interpret every ache and pain you have as some exotic terminal disease. ( in medicine we refer to this  as "MEDICAL STUDENT SYNDROME" because nearly every med student reads about a particular disease and starts thinking he/she has had those symptoms in the past, I must have that disease. Medicine is based on scientific findings, no lab work, test or imaging studies are 100% infallible, MRI, ct,and other imaging techniques are not the panacea people believe they are. They are an adjunct to the practitioner's clinical judgement and PROPER PHYSICAL EXAM. About 2 weeks ago I had a 55 year old female with the exact same symptoms. I did do blood work( which came back normal) but no imaging. I treated her symptomatically and when she returned yesterday all her symptoms were resolved. One other thing that need to be noted here is the tinnitus: as we age and begin to lose our hearing, the frequencies we lose are replaced by a ringing sensation.it seems to me that most of what I've read here is by mid 50s patients. All of whom grew up with rock music ( myself included) the louder the better. One other explanation for tinnitus is medications: certain meds can cause tinnitus, Especially aspirin in moderate to large doses. I hope all of you find resolution to your symptoms, in the mean time live your life, try to put the discomfort to the back of your mind. Don't dwell on them, that will just seem to make them worse. And it makes it more difficult for your Doctor to make  a proper diagnosis. Good luck to you all probably the worse thing you can do when researching the net, is over interpreting symptoms and signs.       rlc
I am suffering for a sinus infection for about 7 months now..  Last April I try to blow my nose because I thought its just a cold but I felt sharp pain on my both ears.. My ent give me some antibiotics.. I doesnt work so i try to see another doctor..  She gave me another antibiotics and an eardrop..  But still it doesnt work..  Now i have a severe stiffneck and a pain in my scalp every time I touch it..  At first I thought its just a side effect.. But it already lasts for two weeks now..  And I also have headache at the back of my head..  And every time I swallow..  It hurts a lot...  :(
.I have the same problems but had watched a video where a person had their glands taken our from under where the ear lies and that has solved their problems. Not sure if I will take it that far. I want to see how antibiotics will do. Not a hundred percent relief but i slept like a baby after soaking in the bath. I am going to continue that. If helps relieve muscle pain too. hope we all find a solution one day. I am praying ya'll will post what will help. i promise i will when i find out.
I've had similar problems without the sinus infections. Had a CT scan 2 years ago that came back perfect, since then I've had a lot of pain on the left side of my neck, pain in my jaw and inside or sometimes just around my ear, up to my temple and behind my left eye. I have the 700$ mouth guard, my dentist has checked me for TMJ, My chiropractor looked in my ear and saw no infection but she's not saying much, the other day she was rubbing my neck and said there's our culprit but was very vague on what the problem is. Not sure if she's trying to get more money out of me or she actually figured out the problem, guess I should be asking her instead of you kind folks lol,  Has anyone had neck, jaw, ear, temple, eye pain on one side before?  Is it a Vertebrae in my neck? and if so any idea how long that takes to heal or how many Chiropractor visits it might take to fix that?  Any help would be appreciated because like a lot of you I'm assuming  the worst and worrying all day long.. Oh yea I have horrible posture that I'm working on as well.. Thx everyone and sorry your all suffering as I am..
I have had fullness in my right ear (sometimes in both), tinnitus (in both), stiff neck, and more floaters in my right eye. I have seen probably about 10 doctors. Now I am on allergy medication. I do not think I have allergies. I live in southern Virginia, and I realize that doctors in my area are notoriously bad (with very very few exceptions), so I fear that I will have to diagnose myself. although I have explained my symptoms a million times, doctors always only look in my ear, sometimes in my nose, and sometimes do a hearing test, then they determine that I have allergies.

My Neck is so stiff that it crack when I turn it sometimes; and I can almost always hear squishiness when I turn my neck. My allergy meds do little to curb my symptoms. I am 24 years old and the problems started at about 22. It is making my life miserable.

I hope someone had the same problems as me and found a solution.
Have you every thought of seeing an Osteopath or a cranial sacral therapist. The fluid balances an bones in your cranium can be moved an shifted an can increase these symptoms. If medications aren't doing it then proceed w alternative health an Osteopath can give you amazing results..
I am so sorry to drop in on this discussion, but I had all the same symptoms you guys are describing, neck pain, headaches, tinnitus, and I was diagnosed with idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension. If this is what you have then be prepared to say goodbye to the life you once lived before this illness. You could also have Meniers Disease of the inner ear. I have both, lucky me. The IIH was treated first with diamox, but then I had several surgeries to place a VP and an LP shunt. I am still experiencing the ear fullness, pulsatile tinnitus, and myoclonus (pulsing ear drum). I am seeing an otolaryngologist in a few weeks. I am now trying to follow a low sodium diet which helps with the ear fullness and myoclonus, and I am taking Lipo Flavanoid Plus at twice the recommended dose and it helps stop the pulsatile tinnitus and myoclonus.
I have tmj, I grind my teeth at night. Sounds like the same ear pain as I have. I feel bad for you :/ I've found that wearing my night guard to bed and putting a heating pad on my pillow with the affected ear down, it helps relax the muscles. You can also try massaging in front of the ear. Other than that, I haven't found much relief :/ good luck
Oh and the floaters you are having in your vision is most likely Papillodema. Which I also had, but resolved with the diamox and eventual shunting. If you have Pap you need to get to a neuro-opthamologist quickly. Every day that you let the pap continue it is damaging the optic nerve because the pressure inside your head and behind your eyes is pressing on the optic nerve starving it of proper flow. The CSF builds up either because your body has begun over producing or under absorbing CSF. That is why you are experiencing the headache, the neck aches, the body pain, the sluggishness, and the pain behind your eyes, the tinnitus or ringing or whooshing to the sound of your pulse. I am so sorry if you do have this disease. The fight with the doctors to get decent care is on. If you are having the worst headache of your life with tinnitus, double vision or blurry vision please go directly to the emergency room. Tell them your symptoms and you need a spinal tap and MRI to confirm. If you have IH your ventricles in your brain will appear swollen on a CT scan or MRI. Good luck. Let me know if you guys have any more questions. But start by watching your salt intake and if you are overweight start losing weight immediately. The sooner you get into a normal weight range the less flack you are going to catch from the doctors. I am atypical because I am not overweight, but it is a stereotype placed on this illness. So if you are overweight get ready to hear about it from your doctor. Have a plan, and put together your support system because you are going to need everyone to pitch in and help you. There will be weeks where you won't be able to shower due to exhaustion. This is a terrible illness, and you have to be ready to fight for everything.  
Sorry OccDoc, but I have to say this to you. You are the typical doctor downplaying these symptoms. They are anything but unremarkable. I would bet a good portion of these people have found themselves diagnosed with IIH. It took me over a year to convince my doctors that there was something wrong with me. By the time they figured it out I was losing my vision completely over and over. By the time they did a spinal tap my opening pressure was 55+. They put the + in because before they could attach the manometer the fluid was squirting out of my back at such a force that it hit the ceiling. My father said the doctor went completely pale as he realized just how much pain I must have been dealing with. As the CSF drained out I could feel the pressure and pain slipping away as if it had never been, but then only a few hours later it had built back up to the fifties and another spinal tap had to be performed. When my surgeon placed my VP shunt the surgery notes include an anecdote about the burr hole being drilled and upon completion the CSF squirted out and hit my neurosurgeon in the face and goggles. I was dealing with something that none of them had ever seen before and it was horrific for me. So before you tell all these people that they probably have "Medical Student Syndrome" these symptoms when added together equal something very serious that requires brain surgery to fix!!
Hi. I am not in the medical field at all, but am having some of the symptoms you describe. Left ear, fullness, ringing, motion problems, forgetfulness, pain in neck, ( though I do have arthritis in neck), really bad headaches that sometimes last for days, usually starting in my left temple. Sore, achy hips and sometimes shoulders. My mom had something called Polymyalgia rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis, also called temporal arteritis. What that is, the GCA, is the lining of your arteries become inflammed. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks before our family doctor finally figured out what she had. She thought she was dying. I know they can test your blood, and if you had this, it would show up in a sedamentation rate, a simple blood test. It is something to think about, because if not caught, you can go blind. The PMR causes the achiness in te shoulders and hips, but can be any joints really. You can look up these things on the mayo clinic website. I wouldn't let it get the better of you, I mean, live for today, but with some doctors, if they can't find anything they assume you're crazy. Insist on more testing because the stress is going to manifest itself elsewhere if you keep worrying. Just an idea. I hope you are feeling better.
Thanks for your reply; I have a different avenue to pursue---it's much better than wandering aimlessly in pain.
Thank you for this input and I went to YouTube and saw the video and on Amazon and saw the info on the book.  I read info on other websites as well and it all looks rather interesting, but more than, it looks promising.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I know that your original post is dated (2007), but I was wondering if you ever found the cause to all your ear/neck symptoms? I have been suffering from the same for quite some time with no answers.
I was wondering if any of you have been tested for VGKC? After many years of heartbreaking symptoms, surgeries and treatments, I finally feel like I am getting the answers that I need at Mayo Clinic and it all came down to some cancer markers and this VGKC. Thanks, Deidra
hi i have the same i believe its bacterial infection ever heard of lyme disease??
So sorry to hear what you and the others are undergoing. I have right side of my neck hurt (as if someone punched it), with pain up the right jaw, my ears are plugged and my head at times feels hot and 'moving inside'.  All the tests ruled out artiritis or Giant Cell.  My carotids are fine, cbc fine.  All fine. The prior doctors made it sound like it was just 'stress' and tightening of the muscles.  I have had much more stress in prior years. I now have just 'regular' stress, and I know stress is not The cause.

Going in for an MRI as two doctors (primary and neurologist) believe it is a parotid issue --either plugged, infected, or tumor.  It may be or not.
I also know that it can be my cervical 1 or C1 (atlas) which 'holds' the head in place -- it may be not aligned.  It can also cause all those symptoms. TMJ can arise from that misalignment as well.
Getting the MRI w/contrast for soft neck -- next Sunday.  And seeing a chiropractor who specializes in C1 alignment, non-invasement and no 'cracking'; done very gently in two weeks.  She will be taking three X-rays: top, side, and frontal to see if the c1 is out of place.  If it is, it can impinge on nerves, esp. the vagus nerve, it can give headaches, nausea, impact jaws, etc.

I had to be persistent with this.  Most doctors don't seem trained in anything other than the 'norm'. At least the bulk of the ones that I have gone to.
Finally, I hope I am on the right trail. The symptoms certainly fit both or either.

Will let you know if you like.  In case what I am undergoing helps anyone else, whose treatments are not working.
What do those initials VGKC stand for?  What is its functions or is that the name of the illness or malfunction?  Treatment?

Thanks for bringing that up.
I have read the posts starting back in 2007. Back in Jan of 2012 I had appendicitis. After surgery I had major neck pain. The doctor after X-rays said it was muscle spasms. I did PT for several months and it seemed the pain went away. I am currently a pilot, I did a normal flight up to 6000ft and the next day woke up with miserable ear pain. I thought it was just normal ear pain with congestion and the fact I was flying the day before we'll however two three months later I have been dealing wit his constant ear pain,fullness,some dizziness spells,still have the neck pain located right below the skull. I have been to the General practitioner  referred me to a audiologist who referred me to an ENT and I have seen two others ENT's.i have had an ENG test as well as an MRI both showing negative results. I am to the point where I just want an answer. I haven't been able to fly in over a month and it's disrupting my schooling. I apologize first hand for providing a long story I'm sure no one wants to sit and read through my crying but I am beyond frustrated with the doctors who do not find anything. And pretty much push me out of an office so they do not have to deal with it. Has anyone ever had is associated with neck pain? Thank you all for listening.

Josh
I am 24 and I too have had very similar symptoms and have had many different tests, procedures, and treatments done. Hopefully I can help give some feedback on what has and hasn't  helped me out.

I woke up one day about five years ago with a horrible headache, severely stiff neck, extreme sensitivity to sound and light, and had a sinus infection. This was odd because I have never had a headache in my life, let alone waking up with all of these symptoms occurring at once. I went to the emergency room to make sure that it wasn't meningitis, after that came back negative I got put on some antibiotics for the sinus infection. After about a week on the meds, I was feeling better but eventually never fully got rid of the infection. Just felt like it took down the severity of all the symptoms down about 50%.

After that is when the roller coaster began. I went to a ent about a year later after getting put on numerous antibiotics but still couldn't get rid of the infection so had to resort to sinus surgery. About 3 months after surgery the symptoms were still prominent which made me question   that maybe it wasnt my sinuses causing the neck pain, headaches, and sound sensitivities.

I began seeing different physical therapist for the neck pain which didn't really do to much for me.

Then moved on to different chiropractors, some being better then others, I was able to get some relief in the neck area temporally which in essence helped bring the headache level down as well. Only problem was I was still feeling like I was sick (sinus congestion headaches and ear sensitivity).

At this point I was just really trying to figure out if was more muscle related, infection related, or maybe a combination of both.

Then about a year ago I had another  MRI done and took them to a headache specialist  who proceeded to do a blood patch, nerve block shots in the back of my head, and Botox shots after he saw nothing wrong with the MRI. none of these worked at all and I  definitely wouldnt recommend getting these done unless need be.

I then found Doug Fogel at tensionheadaches.com and followed the program that he co wrote with Paul Bacho. This was the best thing that has helped me in my journey so far in regards to my chronic headaches and neck pain. It definitely gave me a good understanding of the muscles in your neck, back, and face and what problems they can cause.

So after being on there program for a couple of months and having a lot more relief from the "tension type headaches", I was still feeling like I was waking up sick with sinus type headache, and ear sensitivity. So I go get another ct scan of my sinuses and behold I have another infection in my upper sinuses this time. Good news is I qualify for the newer ballonplasty procedure instead of going in and getting the full on sinnuplasty that is quite invasive.

I am scheduled to get the procedure done here this next weekend and will let you'll know the results.

So to sum it all up, hopefully after the procedure and continuing along the tension headache program, I can achieve getting back to a normal lifestyle again after being completely miserable for the past 5 years.

Obviously all our bodies are different, but after spending tons of time and money being a human guinea pig, I thought I can relate to many of the people suffering in this forum.

I will keep everyone posted.
Has anyone looked into chiara malformation?   I have all these symptoms and wirh mri found out I have slight malformation.
I am a 59 year old male, in excellent health, other than having this bizarre chronic ear, head, and neck pain. My right jaw clicks constantly, and both of my ears feel like they are going to explode. The back of my head feels like it's constantly in a vice. I've had a thorough tmj evaluation, and the doctor who evaluated me said that my jaw was "normal". I had neck surgery with a fusion on C-3 to C-7, which did nothing for the pain. I have been to two well-reputed ENT's who found absolutely nothing wrong with my ears. However, the last ENT said that severe neck pain can lead to ear pain, as there are nerve fibers in the neck that go to the ears. Now, I believe that this is what is probably going on. I'm in physical therapy now, trying to strengthen and lengthen my neck muscles, and my head feels a little better, but my ears are still killing me. The ear pressure/pain has been going on for 3 years now. I take Cymbalta, Nucynta, and Klonopin, but none of these eases the pain in my ears. I have also tried the so called "nerve pills" Nuerontin and Lyrica, which also did nothing. The only option I can see now is suicide, as I cannot fathom living the rest of my life like this. The quality of my life *****. I am a married man, with a very supportive wife, and two beautiful grown daughters. Does anybody have any suggestions? I really don't want to have to take my life. It would be so devastating to my loved ones.
I have had a lot of neck pain an also grinding my teeth for quite sometime. An now I have had dizzy spells for bout a yr on an off it hit me really bad in febuary now my ears r ringing right side none stop an feeling of fullness in both an trapped air pressure. I have had tests done an everyones like we don't know you might just have to wait to see if yours ears pop on there own.. ugh any ideas???
how did it turn out? did you have any ringing feeling of fullness an trapped air?
Hope, I know this answer is years after the original post, but I am responding so if someone else is trying to read this looking for help with their sysmptoms, maybe they will find this. Google symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardic syndrome, ehler's-danlos syndrome and cranial settling/ cervical spine instability and chiari malformation/syrinx. Alot of those conditions go together (if you have one, you may have another). You will have stiff/ sore neck/shoulders/back; fullness/pain/ringing in ears, dizziness, headache, etc. worth checking into, since you have checked everything else. Meniere's, Lyme disease, Multiple Sclerosis and several others can also have similar symptoms. Good luck.
I hope to put your fears at rest.  There are many causes of the symptoms mentioned here, and they are almost always benign (meaning noncancerous).    TMJ is fairly common and can be treated, often by a dentist and can be caused by a lot of things.   I hope you are able to talk to your parents about your symptoms and that you have been or are going to the doctor?  If you aren't able to talk to your parents, perhaps you have a school nurse or other adult that you feel confident in talking to.   Anxiety or fear over having a tumor or some other life-threatening condition can make just about any physical problem so much worse!   I myself have many of these symptoms, have Multiple Sclerosis and other conditions and I have had to learn to not get anxious about symptoms that I have or I can make myself worse, so that is not limited to someone your age.  
Also, many of the conditions discussed here are almost always seen in adults and not someone your age.  13 is a very hard age to be at, for anyone.  You also have just started having periods or will be starting soon.  This causes a lot of changes in your body, physically and emotionally and can be scary sometimes.   No two people are alike in this area so try not to compare what is happening with you to someone else.  
That is not to say that you should not go to the doctor if you have not been.  Try hard to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and get adequate sleep.  These things are important for anyone, but they are especially important when you are going through puberty and experiencing everything involved in that.
If your anxiety is bad and hard to manage and you find yourself living with fear of a tumor or anything else, it might be helpful to talk to a school counselor or other counselor.  I know that at your age it is sometimes hard to talk to your parents.  One thing I wish kids of all ages would understand is that parents understand things a lot better than it often seems .  They may not always know what to say or understand perfectly, but most of the time they are trying and you can help them to understand by trusting them and expressing how you feel in a nice way and expressing what is going on with you.   Teens often don't realize that their parent were once teen-agers too! And while a lot of things may have changed since they were your age, some things have not-  I hope this helps you and that you are able to get relief, from your physical problems and from any anxiety that you may have.  The mind and the body are very closely interconnected and what is going on in one area is likely to affect another area.  Stress and anxiety are no small things either and it is more normal to have then than to not have them.  God Bless!
Please consider allergies for your symptoms.  There is a great website: earallergy.com that describes this, and the only solution is allergy shots.  Allergy meds don't hit the ear that well.  My brother swears his symptoms have disappeared after a year of shots, and now he only has to go once a month.  So, I started 3 months ago in hopes of relief.  Sometimes, I see the light at the end of the tunnel because I am having more good days.  It's still a little soon.  However, I have a head cold now so I am a MESS!!
It's a very strange thing happening to us. I have been dealing with all the same symptoms for two years. It's not gone away but it has gotten a little better than it was. I'm not a doctor but I have been through all the appointments listed above, seen all the docs, ENT, Neurology, GP, Head neck pain specialist, ER, MRI, CT Scan everything. Just like every other story I have had no definitive diagnoses.

But I will tell you this. My neurologist put me on Xanax for a month that completely wiped out every symptom as soon as it kicked it.

Also, I have been on Valume/diazepam for a year. I hate to say that I need to be on it but if I'm not everyone of the symptoms you guys listed will return in about one day.

What I'm saying is if you can get on either Xanax or Diazepam you will get relief I promise you!!!

I 'am no longer taking either because I moved to a different state and had to leave my neurologist behind.  

Until we figure out this strange thing, which I think could very well be completely mental(due to the total relief of symptoms when taking Xanax or diazepam) I would suggest getting on one of these two medicines.

Also, sleep aids! They Help ALOT!!! I know I sound like a drug addict but I have gotten desperate to  deal with these symptoms.

XANAX, DIAZIPAM, SLEEP AIDS!!!

they will work I promise you they will!!! If your have gotten desperate and willing to go the lengths find a doc that will help you in prescribing either XANAX OR DIAZAPAM!!! And overly hydrate yourself with water. It does help!!!

Other than that all I can say is keep your head up, do what you have too, hypochondriac or whatever don't stop searching for an answer.

I won't!!!

Last but not least, I would like to know how many of you were in the military at some point, if you live north south east or west in this country, and have your symptoms had a change over time?

If any of you would like please respond to these questions by emailing me at ***@**** with just a brief statement about your symptoms. I 'am trying to collect data for a future push for an investigation into this illness. Thanks, Mike H.
Here we all are with similar symptoms.  I have a night guard and it helps tremendously.  They are expensive, so be careful when you fit them, so you don't have to replace them.  If you follow directions, precisely, you shouldn't have any trouble.  Sometimes I feel a lump in my neck, but I think it is a muscular reaction.  Also, my chiropractor can give temporary relief.  My dentist has worked on my bite, but that only lasts for a little while.  Good luck to us all.  Kate
I have suffered with the very same symptoms on both sides for over 2 years. I have had many tests and been through PT, muscle relaxers, I've been to a maxilla facial specialist who did injections into my head and ionohotoresis therapy. I've hadcmri, mra, cat scan, bone spect, all showing some arthritic changes and one particular hotspot but no real answers towards a solution. I have 2 tiny aneurysms that the neurosurgeon says are common and just need to be watched. I'm at the end of my rope with constant pain, pulsating, and tinnitus. Suggestions!
I've been getting neck and shoulder pain eye aches fullness in ears hot flushes and headaches has this got anything to do with menopause because I am 50 years old
MYOFASCIAL PAIN DISORDER of the SUBOCCIPITAL MUSCLES (muscles behind the neck, even though I don't have neck pain)

I am 50 years old and began experiencing ear pain in my right ear 4 months ago (a burning pain deep in my ear).  I've seen 1 allergy doctor, 2 primary care physicians, 3 dentists, and 2 ENT specialists. I've had a sinus cavity x-ray, Cranial MRI, Neck MRI, and Auditory MRI, and a full hearing exam --  All results are perfect and show no answers. -- I finally gave the back of my neck a good massage since a cold drink made the pain worse and all that I could think of connecting was the back of my throat/neck.  For the first time in months, I experienced a few pain free days.  Still no doctor could explain why the back of the neck massage seemed to help.  Finally, in reading this forum (Joe Coffee March 2008) led me in the right direction.  Also the two website below seem to confirm my diagnosis. -- I contacted my physical therapist who helped me a few months back and he also believes it is MYOFASCIAL PAIN DISORDER stemming from my suboccipital muscles (in the back of the neck even though I have no neck pain) referring pain to my ear (there is a diagram in the 2nd website below) . -- I will begin treatment this week. -- I will write again with my progress

These 2 websites also helped me diagnosis.
The second website has a diagram of the Suboccipital muscles.

http://intermountainhealthcare.org/services/medicalgroup/clinics/physicianclinics/memorial/resources/Documents/Final%20Myofascial%20Pain.pdf

http://www.mccc.edu/~behrensb/documents/MYOFASCIALPAINSYNDROMEIN.pdf

You're the first person I have seen with what I have... mynoclonous. I have ear fullness, etc. Blurred vision. Etc.
Can I email you so we can talk? I really need advice. I would appreciate some insight. God bless.

You can reach me at ***@****
So many years later.....Hope you've seen a neurologist by now who was smart enough to think of the possibility that all these symptoms(that sound like my trigeminal neuralgia) are most likely coming from your neck, like you said. I really hope someone gave you a diagnosis. I feel much better knowing what I have, eventhough I still have pain. To everyone on this site, I would recommend finding a neurologist. Some specialize in TMJ problems. I think some of the pain not going away is because of nerve pain. I have nerve pain all in my face and head on the left including the ear. My ear itself gets really hot and painful and sometimes it feels swollen and big and like it must have an abcess, but it looks completely normal. Sometimes my ear looks red when I have these symptoms. I also have a deep earache and pain in the bone behind my ear. One of the triggers for this pain is wind blowing on my ear. Look at the nerves coming from the brain stem and pictures of the trigeminal and occipital nerve. It may help you figure some things out. It is typical for nerve pain to persist despite any of the treatments I have read about here. Sometimes ear pain can come from a neck muscle called the sternocleidomastoid muscle, feel if that muscle is painful. If so, getting that muscle relaxed might relieve your earache. I don't know if anyone still reads this stuff, since it dates back to 2007, but I had to write this down in case it might help someone.
I have had the exact same symptoms listed in the first post for at least 5 years. My problems started in the gym when I was doing belly crunches to thin out my belly. At one point during the process, I felt mucus filling my right ear. My ear felt full from then on. It also felt like soap bubbles were constantly popping in my ears.  The popping stopped after about a month but the fullness continued. Over the years, I have developed the ear pain and pressure, pain behind the right eye, pain in my lower neck and right shoulder. All my tests have proved negative. I am currently undergoing therapy for the neck and shoulder pain. 2 weeks into therapy and I am not feeling any improvements. Dairy products and fish seem to aggravate my symptoms. I believe mucus collects on top of my inner right ear causing the fullness and pain. I say this because when I wake up in the morning, my right ear feels normal but as I walk around, I feel the pressure gradually building up in my ear. Also, when I kneel down with my head bent down, I feel relief in my ears and mucus fills my nostrils. Does anyone know what I could do to direct the mucus through my nostrils instead of it collecting on top of my right ear? I will welcome any new suggestions as the doctors, dentists, medication and therapy have not helped me much so far.
i was wondering about the sleepiness and eye pressure.. does i just feel like you cant keep your eyes open any longer and as you fight to try the pressure in ears gets worse...your symptoms sound like mine... in fact on antibiotic now for ear infection but this has been going on for a while now..the waves of tired and headaches are the hardest part for me...i have called them ''spells'' as well... has anyone ever just dozed off when they are having a tired spell  or had any kind of tremors in hands yea got couple other things going on and not sure if its all related
Timely ideas . For my two cents , if your business is interested a DA 7222-1 , my family edited a blank version here "https://goo.gl/TxeEGE"
You should consider getting checked for Lyme disease as these are some common symptoms