Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Earlobe infection for twoo weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Earlobe infection for twoo weeks

Hi. I have swollen earlobe filled with blood and pus. And my earlobe is painful when I put pressure on it.  It has been there for more than two weeks. And I have been consistently having fever which I don't realize is caused by the infected earlobe. But I managed to realize that my fever is due to the infected ear lobe and I am taking antibiotics now. My question are:
a) can it be dangerous for leaving it for two weeks?
b) Is the infection might have infected other part of of my ear in these two weeks?

Thank you.
Tags: earlobe, earlobe infection
Please SEEK medical attention ASAP for this.  
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If it's the right antibiotic, then the infection should resolve. Have a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the correct antibiotic that the infecting organism is sensitive to and taking this medication for the required amount of days may help to clear infection. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.