Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Fluid In Ears Caused By Nasal Allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Fluid In Ears Caused By Nasal Allergies

As of last year I have been experiencing severe allergies. It started with wild head rush,dizziness and sometimes then a urge to have a bowel movement. Also extreme sensitivity to light. In fact in Walmart i have to wear sunglasses and a hat. Happy to report that with allergy meds I have not experienced to head rush and bowel movement feeling, but with taking a Singular or Zytec everyday along with Nasonex nasal spray twice a day, and using a netti pot at night, I still cannot shake the fullness in my ears and if anything my sensitivity to light is worse. Sometimes any store lights can get me feeling woozie and if I stay in there to long I get shaky inside feeling along with chills and then heat flashes. I would love any and all low cost things to try first as I am one of the millions of Americans whom is without health insurance. My Dr. does not seem concerned it's just one of those things, but it really is starting to disrupt my life.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Take care
I have the fullness in my ears as well. However, I also sometimes get the who-who headed feeling sometimes when I am in the stores. Then I get really hot and feel dizzy. I think I am going to pass out or something. I have found out- that for me, this is anxiety. I think my "fullness" and dizzy stuff is from stress and hormones. I was doing pretty good for awhile, and then recently came into some more stress, causing my symptoms to come back. WHen I start to feel the dizziness, I start taking flonase to help clear out any fluid that might be in there. If you find anything else, please share!! Best of luck!!!

This is so late but I just came across your message that you posted in May of 07 and I had the SAME EXACT SYMPTOMS.  And no one could understand.  It turned out that I was anemic.  My iron was low and the Dr. put my on iron pills for a month and that helped me.  They were red pills.  I do however, get constant fluid in my ears that cause a fullness in my head and dizziness and loss of balance and it does suck.  I am so sick and tired of taking Singulair for a whole month lets see what happens.  It comes and goes.  Well hope that helps you and anyone that is reading for feeling like that in stores.  I too, had to wear sunglasses at the store because I felt sensitive to light so please get your iron checked, it often goes unchecked.  Good Luck!
Wow, I have all of those same symptons and my daughter and I laugh when we go into Walmart because we are so dizzy.  I do think that anxiety is part of it and maybe iron.  I'll get it checks and thanks.  I do have horrible allergies and they make me feel crummy but when I feel good, I feel really great.  Right now that's not the case.  I hope we all feel better!  Good Luck!