Hard mucus ball from throat
I have had this for about a year and a half now. Each day it feels like my right side of my throat has a burning ball stuck in it...after concentrating on trying to get it out of my throat i can eventually work it out and spit it up, deep breaths from my nose and then out my mouth help to get it up.
It is the size of a pea, is green and sumtimes has bits of yellow and small bits of blood in it. Its a hard little lump but the inside is still squishy it has no smell. when i eventually spit it up my throat feels better and doesn't burn as much but this is annoying because i go thru this everyday, its GROSS! please help!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Repeated episodes of cough, mucus secretion and throat irritation could most probably be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing throat congestion and mucus formation. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.