Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Help roof of mouth pain!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Help roof of mouth pain!!

The roof of my mouth is red and super sore when I swallow. It feels like I have a sore throat but on the roof of my mouth. It's towards my throat but not my throat. It hurts when I swallow or put pressure on it with my tongue. I haven't ate or drank anything hot and it didn't get cut or anything. It has little indents when it's sore. I brush my teeth at least twice a day too. Any ideas?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ulcers could be canker sores. It is very painful and can occur due to stress, vitamin deficiencies or trauma. Apply chlorhexidine  gel or any other oral anti septic gel you can find twice daily on your mouth ulcers and leave it on for 2 mins and then do warm salt water gargles. Drink or eat half hour after application. Take OTC multivitamins rich in riboflavin to counter the mouth ulcers. If it still persists consult your dentist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.