Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Help with Eustation Tube Dysfunction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Viewing 201-255 comments:
I have made some great improvements since my last post.

For years I knew that visiting the dental hygienist made my vertigo better.  It was because she hung a vacuum pump in my mouth while she worked and it seemed to vacuum out my middle ears.
In my efforts to duplicate this process I found a yellow and blue accordion foot pump for an exercise ball to be my vacuum pump.

I bought a clear four foot hose, 3/8" ID and 1/2 OD to replace the blue hose that makes me itch and break out.

I put the hose in my mouth and move my mouth in such a way that the air will enter my nose and exit through the vacuum hose.  I still have to do all the old things but this in a major improvement.

While I am doing this I get a bionase from my daughter for my birthday.

I put the leds in my ear and it heats up the ear drum and greatly helps getting the fluid to drain.  Now I am feeling like a million bucks and tell my daughter she has found the cure for me. But, then I find the directions for using the thing so I follow the directions by putting the laser diodes up my nose for 4 minutes, three times a day.
  My ears start to ring and I start getting sick after the second day so I separate the two lasers and put one in each ear while I am using the yellow pump.  It takes about a day to get well again.

I ask myself why it is that I can cure myself but I quickly get sick again?  To correct this problem I have started watching my posture and always breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth, this seems to be the trick to stay well from treatment to treatment.
Hi all I'm posting to tell you all that your not going mad. I to have all the symptoms like the rest of you and have found no answers to my problems however I am now being treated for TMJ. Another ENT is also checking me for Eagle syndrome. Just to let you all know that there is a new way to cure ETD, it's called eustachian tuboplasty and can be seen on YouTube. Good luck everyone and I hope the different things I've mentioned may help some one.
Hi. This is my first time here and it looks like the forum is very supportive.

I was recently diagnosed and treated for BPPV. I was having dizziness issues- things would feel like they were spinning and if I were standing, it would feel like I were walking drunk or hadn't gotten my "sea legs" yet. I'm not sure if it's related, but I would also get headaches that wouldn't be relieved with medicines, but wouldn't be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, like a migraine.

The EENT used a massager behind both ears after checking them to make sure they were clear. He also turned me on my sides after he did each ear.

Since then, my right ear has felt like I'm sticking a q-tip in it from time to time, but the jaw has been fine. The left ear has had more of the same pressure and the jaw aches from ear all the way around to close to the chin.

Besides NSAIDs and revisiting the doctor (money is tight), is there anything I can do to relieve the pain? Thanks for your advice in advance.

If you pinch your nose closed and swallow, do your ears click or get a full feeling?    That is how I can tell when my ears are blocked and if I am headed to a good old sailor drunk.

Blocked Eustachian tubes has been the cause of my dizziness and vertigo for years. However,  I am told that 80% of the vertigo cases are caused sudden movements of the head by ear rocks that can be cured by EPPV.
Luis, How did things fare for you?
Has anyone had luck with the EarPopper? Any problems with it? We bought it for our 4-year old daughter this week to try to avoid the ear tube surgery. She said it hurt her ears. She has a lot of fluid in them that has been quite stubborn for the last couple months. She doesn't have an ear infection, but maybe they're still tender and just the air pressure is causing her pain? We've only tried it one day, but I'm not sure whether to continue and give it a fair shot or not (I don't want to hurt her, but not sure if it's just scaring her and the pain will go away in a day or two and then start to drain her ears and give her relief). What do you all think? Thanks so much!
Sarah
try accupunture if u still have probs  it wks to loosen the jaw    west med dcts dont have answerw 4 everythg
also 4 anyone who has jaw tension or pain  if this is cause of ur ear tube problems  acccupunture will work  it will loosen the jaw muscles
Acupuncture helped me but it is not cost effective. My vertigo started in early 2007 and I have made a slow but steady recovery so that I now feel better than I did when I was 20 years younger.   It has been a hard time for me, requiring daily exercise and sinus draining.  The Medical field was of little help but the Chiropractor helped a great deal.  It all comes down to the fact that we are responsible for own health.
   For me posture is cause and cure of my vertigo and ocular migraines and if I let up on my new life style my ears start ringing and I am back in trouble.

I think everyone needs proper exercises on  a regular basis.
After 4 months off of work due to chronic sinus infections I have spent considerable time reading and researching my chronic sinusitis   Antibiotics helped temporary but did not get to the root of my problem which I believe is blocked eustachian tubes along with other issues listed below.  You can take all the antibiotics or holistic medicine possible but nothing will work until you get proper eustachian tube function and drainage.

My journey has led me back to the beginning of when the infections started.  I had an injury to my neck while quadding.  This caused extreme tightness in my neck, including tingling in my hands feet and face. Chiropractor care helped but the sinus infections continued and were extremely debilitating.  In conclusion, the following has been the resolution to my problems:

- Root canal for hidden infection
- Dr. Ho Muscle Therapy on neck, side of neck, shoulders etc. (you can buy this device in stores)
- massage on my jaw and face
- Oil of Oregano, Grape Fruit Seed Extract & Goldenseal taken 3 times a day
- Netti-Pot with saline solution a minimum of 3 times a day.  Optionally wwith a drop of Grape Fruit Seed Extract and a drop of 3% hydrogen peroxide in solution.  Be very careful it will burn if it is too much.  When saline solution is in your nose you must pinch your nose and tilt head back all the way and then bend forward with head straight down to the floor to get the solution where it needs to go into the back of your sinuses.
- Chiropractor care and posture re-alignment.
- Inversion therapy which can be done over your couch or soft cushion chair.
- Dealing with allergies both food and inhalants.  I now take Reactine and other holistic medicine for this.
- Increased water intake
- Humidifier at night time
- Guaifenisin at night time (Benyln liquid form, do not take with other ingredients such as pseudoephedrine)
- Oil pulling with sesame seed oil and a drop of Oil of Oregano. Be very careful not to burn your mouth with too much Oil of Oregano.  This can bring instant drainage.
- Eating a clove of fresh, chopped garlic at bedtime. (Most of the bad breath stink is gone after breakfast the next day.)
- A tablespoon of RAW apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water sipped over the course of a couple of hours.
- Candida cleanse
- Eliminated dairy, wheat and corn from my diet
- And finally but just as important I had to go back to the start of my infections and deal with an emotional trauma and forgive those who have hurt me. I also spent more quiet time, meditating and praying to God and believed every day that I would be healed.  I said "Thank You for my healing" over and over before it had happened.
Hey Jim,, I only saw  some of your thread. I was wondering what kind of preventative methods you use to not grind your teeth at night? I have had this verigo dizziness and ear always feeling like it does not drain for 2 years now... The doc keeps saying nothing is wrong and it is just my ear not draining. Your post made me think.....
I have learned that my TMJ and grinding my teeth at night is a contributing factor to my Eustachian tube disfunction and ear not draining properly.  All the muscles around my jaw and sinuses are tight and don't allow drainage.  I wear a mouth guard at night that was custom made by my dentist.  I also have my C1 vertabrae (where skull attaches to neck) adjusted by the chiropractor as he says it is "stuck" and not moving properly which in turn pinches the nerves connected to my sinuses causing further drainage issues.  After a treatment my sinuses will literally dump mucous.

Hope this helps.
I had a sinus infection 4 weeks my right ear plugged went to doctor he said ear infection put me on meds 10 days later still plugged went back to doc he said there looks like I have blood behind eardrumb sent me to ent doc he saids blood was behind my eardumb which is why it feels plugged come back in three weeks so we can see how it is doing but they don't know why its there this is freaking me out.
Hi Jim and the rest,

I have had sinus issues since 2007. Whenever a cold struck my ears became full. But usually they cleared on their own in 2 weeks time.

But in 2012 January, one bout of chest congestion, followed by a upper respiratory infection, clogged my ears again. But this time for longer.
This is March 19 and though my left ear was back to normal almost after 3 weeks in January itself, the right ear is heavy and feels clogged, though pain whatsoever.

The right Ear opens on its own, then shuts down on its own too.
Till yesterday when i saw a website for acupressure points.
The website has points for almost all disorders afflicting humans.

Check the link below for Ear Aches:-
http://www.soundtells.com/AcupressureOnline/iEar.htm
These points specially the one at the back of Earlobes are very effective and provide almost instant relief.

I also saw a website for a new invention by a firm named KENACP, called
EARDOC VIBRATOR, which supposedly send sub-sonic vibrations through Ear Bones into Eustachian tubes, relaxing their membranes.
This eventually helps drain out Inner ear Fluids.

Check their website:-
www.eardoc.info/ - United States

Hopefully this will help.
We in India believe in a Hidden Inner Power called Kundalini Power, which resides in all human beings. This Kundalini power sits at the base of spine.
The Kundalini moves through seven CHAKRAS in the body (all within th spine itself). But if any one CHAKRA is blocked, the Kundalini flow is obstructed.

Each CHAKRA is related to a particular thought and KARMA (Action/deed)
To keep the CHAKRAS open, one must avoid thoughts about the past/Future and stay in the present. Avoid focusing on mistakes/errors of others.

Each disease has its roots in the CHAKRA that is blocked.
So Watch your thoughts and meditate (Thoughtless State of mind).
Hopefully this will help.

It helped me.
God Bless.
and you don't have ear fullness anymore>? did you ever have dizziness?
i mean is there no cure for this? i have been suffering with fullness in my ears and occasional dizziness for about 2 months now.
Medical cure has two major approaches:-
1. Anti Histamines, Nasal Sprays(Steroidal)
2. Surgery by planting tubes into Ear drum

Research has shown that sugar levels in blood are linked with Eustachian tube related disorders like tinnitus etc. See link for some information on diet and its effects.

Mucous is produced by cells in human body, diet and emotional state make a direct impact on it.

Underlying anger, discontentment, stress, do seem to cause and aggravate these mucosa related issues. When we treat the underlying root cause, eventually all trigger diseases of it will subside gradually.

I do not feel pain, and heaviness is occasional.
I have over years developed a habit of blowing air from the back of my throat, into th Eustachian tubes and out from the outer ear. when the tubes get clogged after an upper respiratory infection (I have Sinus issues), the Tube gets blocked.
Four types of muscles are engaged in opening/closing of each Eustachian tube. Chewing gum for at least an hour helps tremendously.

Also Vitamin B-6 is medically known to reduce Middle ear fluids.
Try that and it will definitely help. It did to me.

Try and watch your thoughts on hourly basis. Avoid thoughts of past/Future worries. Do not store revenge/ grudge in your heart, All these emotions block your CHAKRA's and stop the Energy flow within.

Emotions affect body immunity levels directly.
Focus on the root cause, not just the symptoms.

Sorry, I forgot to paste the link, here it is:-

http://www.****.info/tinnitus-relief-2/tinnitus-relief-through-diet-foods-to-avoid-to-relieve-tinnitus#axzz1qCazcMrs

Another good link on underlying emotional cause for Ear Issues:

http://****.com/articles/ear-problems-101.html

http://www.ndss.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174:ear-nose-and-throat-and-down-syndrome&catid=60:associated-conditions&Itemid=88&showall=1

I Wish you the best.
Your links are missing some parts(blocked?)....what goes in the **** parts?
  Today I looked at my vertigo diary and the cause of my vertigo is staring me in the face.

Feb 24, 2008
My sinuses are running like a faucet.
To help the problem I started cleaning both ears with olive oil soaked on a Q tip, I did that for about a week before I had vertigo.  
Vertigo and throwing up
Much better after a few days bed rest
After getting over vertigo I started cleaning my ears with hydrogen peroxide on a Q tip

March 02, 2008
I
Doctor AJ---antivert--- protonix------flonase----dristian   bppv exercises.  
went to Fort Mantanz and was outdoors in the wind most of the day.
After dinner of grilled hamburgers and sausage I had Vertigo and throwing up
Not getting much better with time so
------------

Fast forward to today.  I have learned not to block one nostril to blow my nose.  When my ears will click I am in the health zone, when I pinch one nostril and blow my ear has a mushy click or no click. Blowing with the nose blocked pushes fluid up the Eustachian tube.
     Breathing in only through the nose even if it is only one nostril to the count of 8; hold 3, exhale to count of 6 helps to drain my ears and sinuses and it relaxes me.  
    When one nostril is plugged I can often clear it by lying on that side while doing my breathing exercises.  Keep that mouth closed!

Seems like the links are being tampered with, anyways i shall try and provide another with some diet information that could help in Sinus issues and its subsidiary problems like tinnitus:

In words: http colon front slash(2) www dot the tinnitussite dot info front slash tinnitus Hyphen relief hyphen 2 front slash tinnitus hyphen relief hyphen through hyphen diet hyphen foods hyphen to hyphen avoid hyphen to hyphen relieve hyphen tinnitues #axzz1rnlldAzt

http://www.thetinnitussite.info/tinnitus-relief-2/tinnitus-relief-through-diet-foods-to-avoid-to-relieve-tinnitus#axzz1rnlldAzt

Also note that Vitamin B-6 is well known to help reduce inner ear Fluids, something our doctors won't tell, as they want their antibiotics stock to finish first.

Regards.
Hi all,

I have been taking a Homeopathic medicine for right Eustachian tube issues.
And after 4 days of taking them, all heaviness is gone!

Here are the medicines I am taking (15 Day Course):

1. MERC DULCIS 30 (Drops)
Take half a cup of water, put 3-4 drops in it and drink.
Take caution not to eat anything 30 minutes before or after it.

2. KALI MUR. 6x
tablets
3-4 tablets, twice a day (Morning & Evenings)

The Drops reduces inflammation of the Eustachian tube membranes and also of Sinus linings. Resulting in Mucous flowing out. If any of you have chronic constipation, this will be a boon.

The tablets help in thinning the Mucous for its easy flow.

Good luck.
  I googled the products and they seem promising so I ordered them at a cost of $27.01 for the merc del and $15.69
   I keep the wolf at bay by 2 or 3 hours mechanical draining but I would like to be rid of the problem completely so I am taking a $43.70 gamble.

It will be some time before I can report back because I ordered everything by mail order.  Thanks (I hope)
Dear Jim,

Make sure:

1. The make is German (Gmbh)
2. Do not eat anything within 30 minutes (prior & post taking medicine)

This works. The Drops MERC DULSIS, is anti inflammatory, hence all infection related swelling of mucous membranes in sinus and Eustachian Tube will go away, resulting in the mucous flowing out.

The other, Kali Mur 6X, is meant to thin the mucous, helping in its easy flow. You may take it 3-4 times each day (each medicine), depending on the severity.

I have been free of the problem. The fourth day itself, Eustachian tube was back to normal. I still take the medicine as precaution.

And yes, Anger (Active or passive) seems to inflame these mucous membranes, causing blockage. So please keep a watch on  your thoughts.

I have learnt to forgive all especially those who hurt me.
Forgiveness brings immense inner peace. Which begins the healing from within.

Good luck.
You may also visit the website through which i came across these medicines:

http://abchomeopathy.com/

One may use already started posts on Eustachian tube (or other problems) and get a reply from a practicing Doctor.
There are no charges.

God bless all.

Have you considered eliminating dairy from your diet?  Maybe wheat too...
It does help... to an extend.

Most Sinus and mucous related issues have roots in Deviated Septum. If the Septum is where its originally meant to be, mucous will flow out quicker.

And Deviated Septum is usually cause by a blow or injury to the nose.
Hi Jim,

Its been a while since we heard from you.
Hope all is good at your end, please reply as we are worried.

Take care,
Regards,
Akshay
   I am doing great, sleeping most of the night, almost no ear ringing or vertigo  My lifetime of sinus trouble is 95% gone.

If I stand with my shoulders forward and my head back my ears soon start to ring and an un-well feeling overtakes me; but if I go stomach in shoulders back, chin down and head forward the unwell feeling soon leaves me.

Standing sitting or lying correctly allows my ears and sinuses to open, then I can improve the drainage by breathing in through my nose and then breath out with jaw forward and through my mouth.  I get a lot of gross drainage but that is what makes me well.
    When lying down I breath in slowly to the count of 8, hold to the count of 4, and then chin out, and out to the count of 8.
    I flush daily with neilmed, and keep some afrin or a similiar product by my bedside in case my nose stops up during the night and then one shot into the blocked nostril and it opens up in 5 to 20 minutes then I can do my breathing exercises.
      When I have a sneezing fit, it is God trying to drain my head so we work together and I lie down in the proper position and start draining my head.

I recognize impending problems first by feeling a little unsteady and or ears ringing.
   I am in control of my health and I am 71 and loving life.  I hope everyone else can be healthy too.
Nice to hear that, now I can sleep in peace.
May the Lord be with you at all times.

Regards,
Akshay

Thank you for your post on the Eustachian tube problems--made me laugh because I'm experiencing the same problems w/hearing my own talking and chewing while experiencing a significant decline in hearing others.  Watched a movie last night and kept thinking, "Turn the volume up, I can't hear this movie over the sound of eating my popcorn!"  

I was wondering if you had any luck w/any treatment??  Thus far I've taken antibiotics and methylprednisolone plus some other drug that's supposed to help w/possible fungal problems--none of which have made a bit of difference.  I'm growing tired of listening to my own pulse and feeling very much like the left side of my head is always underwater.  Sigh...
well my problems co me with colds............ omg my ears dont pop right like the simple way is banned its like somone is stopping the air that depressurieses the ears... exept that its the fluid somtimes like 10.54689% of both of my ears being able to pop during a cold but any other time its bad it turnes into an ear infection due to fluid being forced up there (by me to relive the pressure temp.) and it should drain instead it fills up and sits there causeing ear inferctions persription steroids relieve my cold and eustation tube disfunction untill another cold comes.
Dear Jared,

Here are the medicines I took  for the same problem(15 Day Course):

1. MERC DULCIS 30 (Drops)
You may repeat the medication 2-3 times a day

2. KALI MUR. 6x
Pills
3-4 pallets/Pills,2-3 times a day  

The Pills help in thinning the Mucous for its easy flow.
I advised the same medication to Mr. Jim Bean here, and his issues with Eustachian tube and Sinus was all gone.

I'm sure this will help you too.

Regards,
Akshay

Good luck.
I had a runny nose and almost always felt a little out of it in the head until I at 67 I got falling down vertigo and spent thousands trying to find a doctor or ENT to cure me but the docs only see me for a few moments while I experience the problem 24/7.
   Being retired I dedicated myself to the cure and I cured the runny nose and the vertigo just by living like a person with common sense would.
    1. I must breath through my nose at all times as this creates a vacuum that drains sinuses and the middle ear.  I never blow with any nostril pinched off as this blows up in said places. I don't worry about fluids draining as this is the only way to clear up my head and ears
     I use afrin and steroid nose spray very sparingly and only as need to keep my nose open.  

2.  When I was suffering vertigo I learned to lie down with a small pillow between my shoulders and make a snoring noise to drain sinuses and ears.  This would take away the dizziness and lessen the ringing.  Later I learned that I was forcing myself into correct posture only when lying down while creating a vacuum to drain fluids.
    I could see that my posture was terrible and my neck stuck forward like that of a turtle.  The head weight is tripled with head forward, good health demands the head to be balanced on an erect body.
3.  I do crunches to straighten my sway back and endless exercises to strengthen my Trapezes muscles to keep my shoulders back, I do this in conjunction with lying on my back with a small pillow under my traipses to keep my head and shoulders back; I even do this part of the night when I sleep.  
    No matter where I go or what I do I reserve a small place in my brain to remind me, "shoulders up and back, head back with a smile".  Without the smile I look aggressive.
    Now I amost never have any sinus or ear problems but because of my many years of poor posture I have to battle the condition every day but I am glad to do anything to keep the vertigo wolf from the door.  This has been a 5 year battle and victory is sweet.
    When I can make my ears click by wiggling my jaw I know I am winning but I don't know if normal people can click their ears.
  I did try acupuncture and after a single treatment my dizziness went away for two days but I think it was because of the position his pillows put me in plus I went into a hypnotic state.
   During the second treatment there was road construction with heavy machines and men yelling above the machinery.  That treatment was a complete failure.
  I must emphasis that head back and chin down helps greatly while chin up creates a crane neck which blocks the Eustachian tubes and sometimes effects the blood flow and nerves which makes my head all foggy and at times causes SS.
I can click my ears at will, Eustachian tube opens and closes with the help of Tensor veli palatini and Levator veli palatini muscles. One can with practice clear the inner ear and even click it at will (as I do).

Hope the Homeopathic medicines helped you also. The Mercurius Dulcis 30C is works like magic.

Few days back my 4 year old Niece had ear pain after suffering a long bout of cold and Flu. I gave her the Merc Dulcis (4) drops in half cup of water and within 10 minutes her ear pain was gone, completely. It comes in stronger potency also if required.

Anger somehow increases sinus, so here's another point to ponder over.

sounds like you have tinnitus.. I have the same problem my ears were ringing from loud music but now I also have ETD and ear pressure, have tried all sorts only thing I can suggest is check your diet, ie. less salt intake, mediterranean food, get an omega 3 fish oil and vitamin B12 supplement, acupuncture etc. also seems to soften the ringing and at night I use an Iphone APP with white noise like nature, rain or soft music to drain out the sounds..its been 3 months for me now and just learning to cope with it.. apparently the ringing can go away after some time but make sure you protect your ears to any loud noise exposure too...good luck!
Silent sufferer, I've had this problem since I was three months old. I am now 58 . I can't tell you how many sets of tubes I've gone through.  I have been told by my Neurologist  that I had a phenoid cyst In my left sinus.  ENT doc said not to worry about it as it was no endangerment to my health. When asked how I found out about the cyst, I told him I told my neurologist that something was in my head causing pressure on the left side right behind  my left eye.  The ENT doctor said that was amazing, because most people don't even know they have those cysts.  This last ear infection ate through my eardrum completely. I now have a big hole with no eardrum and an exposed nerve that will require a tympanoplasty to repair.  I am going to INSIST that the cyst be removed also.
HI
I have like you had since I was Five about 11 tubes fitted until one specialist said no more. And him I have to thank. One of my drums is so scarred and inverted  I have real problems. Spent the last 9 months with pain not able to pop and hearing down 50%. But joy it came back and even though I have to pop at least 15 times a day I am so grateful to have at least some hearing back I can empathise. It can be so depressing.....
I have a blocked e-tube that has led to vertigo on occasion. I have been on decongestants and dramamine for the last few weeks.  Kaulhulk, I saw your post and thought I would give homeopathy a try.  I just started merc dulcis 30C and kali mur 6x 3-4 times a day for a blocked E tube.  It has only been one day but I have sensed my ear starting to produce more symptoms of blockage and tendency towards vertigo.  Is this normal?  Am I supposed to feel something specific when I start taking the remedies or do I have to wait for  while.  Been having this problem for the last 4 months and it is getting monotonous to say the least.  Loved to hear from you or anyone that has tried merc dulcis and kali mur for blocked e-tube with vertigo

I have personally used these medicines and trust me, they do work. All these are well-known herbs. The Kali-Muraticum is a mucous thinner, to help its drainage. Hence initially you might feel increase in mucous level, but that's due to its thinning, causing drainage from all areas of inner ear.  Let it all drain out, it shall fall down in the Nasal Pharynx. Avoid dairy products. Take lots of lemon. Give it some time. Usually in a week you should be better. In-case your problem is recurrent or Chronic, you might want to take:-

1. Kali-Sulphuricum 30-C
2. Pulsatilla Nigricans 30-C (for Glue ear issues, Sticky mucous. Later Stages).

3. Belladonna 30c Drops (Early Stages of Ear Issue)
Nightshade herb family. Very powerful medicine for when there is pain in
ear especially right-sided. Take 2-3 drops only in half cup of water.
Symptoms:- intense pain with redness of the middle and external ear.

4. Mercurius Solubilis, or Hepar sulphuris, for the later stages.
Hepar Sulph – remarkable remedy for the ear affections where there is formation of an abscess in the ear, which is much sensitive to touch and increases pain on touching; earache due to exposure to dry cold air

5. Mercurius Dulcis:- excellent remedy for inflammation and catarrh of Eustachian tube.
6. Calcarea sulphuris:- Discharge of matter from the ear, sometimes mixed with blood. Deafness with middle ear suppuration's, swelling of gland, etc. Sensitive swelling behind ear, with tendency to suppuration.

Kali Muriaticum and Pulsatilla are also very helpful for cases of “glue ear,” which is a painless condition where thick, sticky fluid collects behind the eardrum [also known as silent Otitis media or Otitis media with effusion]. The fluid can cause impaired hearing, leading to delayed speech and development. One or both of these remedies in low potency over a period of months, along with a constitutional remedy to build-up the immune system.

I had to sleep in a vertical position for over 6 months as every-time i slept horizontally, my ears where badly clogged. Be patient, this will work. Also remember the spine position is critical for ET Drainage, as a straight spine with Chin-up, opens the ET naturally, so avoid slouching or bending.

Good Luck.
I've recently had surgery (myringotomy with grommet insertion) and my ETD is starting to clear up. The surgery is still no guarantee - I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with this. It took three ENTs, five doctors and a year of suffering and fighting before I finally got this treatment. It is not a silver bullet, but I've noticed that the tinnitus associated with my ETD has improved significantly.

It is so frustrating to just hear doctors saying you have to learn how to live with it, but I am eventually resigning myself to this sad fact.
I've recently had surgery (myringotomy with grommet insertion) and my ETD is starting to clear up. The surgery is still no guarantee - I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with this. It took three ENTs, five doctors and a year of suffering and fighting before I finally got this treatment. It is not a magic bullet, but I've noticed that the tinnitus associated with my ETD has improved significantly.
I am struggling with a blocked right ear and vertigo whenever I try to rest.  I am trying Flonase but I don't like taking medicine because I am breast feeding.  Two nights ago I had to go to the ER for severe vertigo and vomiting.  I was given an I.V. with Benadryl and zofran.  I was able to get up yesterday but the vertigo came back last night .  Much better during the day but I'm worn out from not sleeping well and very anxious. Any advice?

Please take:-
1. MERC DULCIS 30 (Drops)

2. KALI MUR. 6x
Pills 3-4 pallets/Pills,2-3 times a day  

The Drops reduces inflammation of the Eustachian tube membranes and also of Sinus linings. Resulting in Mucous flowing out,  Usually in a week you should be better. In-case your problem is recurrent or Chronic, you might want to take:-

1. Kali-Sulphuricum 30-C

Kali Muriaticum and Pulsatilla are very helpful for cases of “glue ear,” which is a painless condition where thick, sticky fluid collects behind the eardrum [also known as silent Otitis media or Otitis media with effusion]. The fluid can cause impaired hearing, leading to delayed speech and development. One or both of these remedies in low potency over a period of months, along with a constitutional remedy to build-up the immune system.
I am going through exactly the same problem, I cant stand heights, I have diahrrea all the time, I lost half of my left ear's  hearing, now my other ear drum has burst, and there is mucus behind my ears, I am absolutely sick and tired of life itself, I have done all the test, they are all fine, so I  guess it must be my sinuses, thank you for sharing Jim.
lay down and place a Ice pack on the back of your neck.  It will take a few minutes, but it will open up the euastatian tubes and your ears will open up.  It will happen again, but use the ice pack again.  Also use nose spray and that will eventually clear up your ears.
Please take  homeopathic medicine for eustachian tube dysfunction

1. Kali Mur-6x    3 pallets 2 times a day

2. Merc Dulsis-30      6 pills 2 times a day

3. Psorinum-1m for 2 weeks i.e 6 pills on Sunday and 6 pills on Wednesday at bedtime.

take this medicines  for 2 weeks and  keep 30-40 minutes gap between 1 and 2 medicine

I have a question regarding the neti pot. Ive used it before and when the water went into my nose the water also went into my ears for a little. It felt uncomfortable bed my ears are very clogged up and feel like they are in a vacuum.
My ears are clogged and congested. The neti pot causes my ears to have more fluid. is there a way to use the neti pot without getting water in my ears? should avoid then neti pot? i have major sinus issues.
Hi pleahn, how are your sinuses now?

I also get the neti pot water up in my ears when I use it. It's a bit of a catch 22 because your sinuses are swollen from inflammation and infection so the water that you put in your sinuses doesn't drain well. But if you don't flush out the infection with saline your symptoms will get worse.

When my ears are plugged (as recommended by my Dr.) I plug my nose and gently blow air into my ears to equalize the air pressure in them. This promotes drainage. I repeat this procedure many times during the day when I have an infection. It also helps to dry out the ear canal and Eustachian tube.
Since my last posting I have discovered that a few drops of colloidal silver 3-4 times a day in my sinuses is the quickest way to heal an infection. I  put the drops in my nostril and tilt my head and let in run back into my sinuses and towards my ear canal.

I also supplement with oil of oregano and garlic taken internally. I 100% agree with Jim Bean that my sinuses and ear problems are caused by poor posture which for me was caused by a cole of accidents. As well as allergies which only ad to the issue. I recommend reading through these posts for further advice. Also, try massage on the neck and jaw for drainage
Viewing 201-255 comments: