Ear, Nose & Throat Community
I CAN'T BREATHE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I CAN'T BREATHE!

I can't breathe due to swelling in my nasal passages and I keep getting sinus infections because of this. Okay, this is what I have tried. I need better ideas as I am really miserable and very tired because I can't sleep and I have a throat so dry it hurts.

1. Afrin (I shouldn't use this anymore)
2. 240mg Psuedoephedrine (It barely works anymore, I'm becoming immune)
3. Antihistamines (No help with the congestion)
4. Steroids (oral & nasal)
5. Saline rinse (I am sensitive to this and it makes matters worse)
6. Steam (I can't get enough air in to have it do any good)
7. Surgery on deviated septum and sinuses
8. Acupressure (Worked for one day)
9. Allergy Shots
10. Ice (No help)
11. Heat (No help)
12. Ibuprofen

Also I am afraid to use a humidifier because I am HIGHLY allergic to mold and my bedroom is carpeted.
I was going to suggest NeilMed but I see you have already tried saline rinses.  If it wasn't NeilMed, i would suggest that.  It works for me.  

Also, my nose was always very very dry until I tried some drops called Nozoil by Rhinaris.  I have to request that the pharmacist order it for me because no one seems to carry it in the store, but it's not a prescription.  It's expensive but I now use it just at night before bed.  

So, now using NeilMed twice a day and Nozoil at night, my own problems seem to have gone away.  Good luck to you!
I will ask about the Nozoil, thanks. But yeah, anything with Saline is out of the question. My ENT told me to irrigate every two hours after my surgery and after the first irrigation I experienced bleeding for 12 hours and serious congestion. However I continued to irrigate. I ended up getting worse and worse until my ENT and I figured out it was the saline causing my problems. I can't even spray saline into my nose without my nasal passages swelling.