Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Is it hypertrophic pharyngitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Is it hypertrophic pharyngitis?

PLEASE read and help me!

I began to have a foreign body sensation in throat 8 months ago suddenly. I have no trouble breathing, I don't smoke or drink. I am a female of 27 years. So I went to an ENT who did a scopy and found a minor hypertrophy in the nasopharynx region. The PNS and Adenoids (adenoids) xray showed minor opacities in the region.

She gave me antibiotics and it subsided much though a little bit of the sensation remained. I spoke to an oncosurgeon and showed him the x ray. He said that if it were malignant the x-ray might not have caught it. Anyway With summer on it has increased again. I have itching too. MY GP and ENT had said it was chronic pharyngitis due to allergy. I went to my ENT again who said there is no need for another scopy because the hypertrophy is minor.

A second ENT wants to do the scopy as he doesn't not what the shadow is!

What do you think? I am getting scared!

Though nobody got back to me on this... I did a scopy and found that it was just those crazy adenoids (adenoids) which had not worn off at my early twenties as they should have. SO there is nothing to worry about!