Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nasal Infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nasal Infection?

So my nose is like really tender and sore and it is bright red and really swollen. It is in the tissue right below the cartilage in my nose where you'd get a septum piercing. It is really swollen and it hurts to yawn or smile because it pulls on it. Yesterday it was just a little sore and it progressively got worse. This morning I got up and it was a little pink and a little bit swollen and I went to school and when I looked in the mirror after school, it was bright red and looks like a bruise halfway to the other side of the tissue that separates the nostrils. It is constantly throbbing and there is something, a surface would or something at the epicenter of it that my mom says looks like a massive black head but I don't think so. It hurts really badly and I have a game tomorrow (I am in marching band, there is a football game) and I really don't want to go to school like this again, much less to the game. Please help? Asap?