Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nose breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nose breathing

first of all sorry for my english

Hello
Since I can remember I was breathing Breath
At age 10 I had surgery to remove polyps but did not help at all
In August 2012 I had more time now it is relatively surgery has helped some problems and questions with it ..

When I try to breathe through your nose a few minutes I yawn every time I breathe through my nose .. It's pretty annoying and nasal breathing Soth
Now the main question is when I close my mouth what's under the lip twitch that I do not know how to explain it .. Hope you understand

I read a little online and I made ​​a face changes when you breathe through your mouth for a long time and because it was created Pleating I think .. Is that true? Pleating just look look .. You can fix it somehow?

Azhc more to call in when you breathe through your mouth for a long time?

Another thing when I smile I can see the red above the teeth ... It's about that I breathe through your mouth??

I'm really depressed because of all these things I'd love an answer
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

I understand you have  a nasal block and it is causing problems with your breathing. The nasal block could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could also be due to a deviated nasal septum. Sinus infection causes blockage of flow especially when a person lies down. The blockade is affected by the side to which the person turns also. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
i know i got sinus but the question is if i all the with the mouth open will my face change?
and if its changed? im 16 i can get it how it should be ? or it cannot  be fixed
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

I understand, you're worried your facial features may change due to the mouth breathing. Its unlikely. Once the primary cause like the nasal block is dealt with, your breathing should revert back to nasal again. In the meantime try saline nasal sprays and steam inhalations, they may help to clear the block.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.