Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Odd Ear Issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Odd Ear Issues

What the heck is wrong with me?  My ears hurt, especially my left one, when I first start to eat.  It's as if my mouth watering brings it on, and is a sharp stinging pain.  This only happens when I first start eating and then subsides.  From time to time I'm experiencing a sharp, almost stabbing pain mainly in my right year that only last a few seconds.  This seems to be brought on by turning my head or yawning.  I have been somewhat congested and think I have a sinus infection right now. But this ear stuff has been going on over a month.  My head hurts when I laugh hard and sometimes starts when I'm eating something hard or chewy.  Also, I feel a lot of pressure in my head and ears.  My ears also pop a bit when I swallow.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms could be due a salivary gland enlargement, namely the parotid gland or an enlarged lymph node. The duct of the parotid gland can get blocked and this could cause the symptoms with eating. It could further get inflamed causing pain. Please consult a dentist for assessment. He may even ask for blood test and an X ray.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank