Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain on one side.....sinus or serious?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pain on one side.....sinus or serious?

I feel like my head is about to explode! One side of my head, face, jaw, and neck is hurting! Only one side. The pain is behind my eye, my ear, my cheek, my jaw and my neck. It hurts worst when I lay down or bend down. It has been like this since yesterday morning. Do you think this sounds like sinus pressure or something more serious? If so do you think pseudoephedrine will work? By the way.......my meds are metoprolol 25mg bid and lexapro 5mg daily.

Thanks in Advace
Anyone?
I would say see a doctor just to make sure this is checked out.

I do know I've had the same thing and waiting to see an ENT.  In 2002 I had CT of sinuses and have a cyst in my shpenoid....which causes eye pain but they didn't say this is what it is or anything.....I looked up online and found sphenoid cyst cause neuro problems and eye pain.  I did go to the ER bacause of this eye pain but that was after I seen my doctor and the eye doctor.........both said probably eye strain......but after 5 continuous days of this severe eye pain I had to go into the ER.

I say go in to be safe.........and to get it documented.........but one never knows.

I hope this is helpful and please let us know what you find out.