Pain,swelling,lump,and some numbness in left side of face.
Female, 41, Phoenix, AZ, member since Jul 2011
I am 5'4", 250lbs. For the past 3 days now I have been having a pain radiating from behind my left ear down to my left side of my neck. It is swollen and hot to the touch. I have taken some Advil for the pain, and that does not seem to be doing anything for it. I have i ced it and the pain is still there. I have discovered that there is a lump right under the ear where the jaw connects. That whole side of my face is swollen, hot and painful. It is also triggering headaches and causing the muscles from my jaw and all the way to my left shoulder to swell!
One other thing I have noticed is that a small part of my left side of my tongue is going numb.
Should I be at the doctors tomorrow or the emergency?

I don't smoke, don't drink, I don't take any illegal drugs.
On a scale from 1-10 this is a (7)
It would help if you could respond as soon as you can please and Thank you
I would definitely say a visit to the ER would be in order if you can't get in to see your doctor immediately.  It sounds like there is an infection somewhere, whether it be a tooth abscess or somewhere else, but with the swelling, numbness and being hot to the touch, it definitley signals something - and you shouldn't take any chances.

If you can't see your own physician in the next couple of hours, most definitely head to the nearest ER.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.
Two nights ago i found this bump infront of my left ear its swollen my left jaw hurts and part of the left side of face and neck feels numb i don't know what it is i need help