Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Painful cyst inside tip of nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Painful cyst inside tip of nose

About two years ago I developed really sore nostrils at the tips inside.It hurts to touch the outside of the nostril.  I used to put vaseline in there and it wouldnt hurt as much. However after a year one side stopped hurting but the other side continued to get worse.

I finally went to my doctor because it just wouldnt go away no matter what I put on it (polysporin, flucadin and hydrocortizone)  She thought it was a wart and sent me to an ENT.

Went to the ENT and he said it was some sort of cyst but didnt tell me what kind. He used a needle to remove it and it felt great for about 6 months and now its back with vengeance. ARGH!!

I dont have time to go see a doctor so I was trying to remove it myself and it looks almost like white skin tags with pus in them. However I cant seem to remove it all.

Has anyone ever had this before that can tell me exactly what it is and so I can get rid of it once and for all???
DON'T TRY TO REMOVE THIS YOURSELF AT HOME.  You could aggravate the situation further as you have "0" training to do this.  Plus, you shouldn't be doing this in a home setting.  

Please reconsult the ENT Specialist ASAP.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Looks like the cyst is infected. You may need an incision and drainage and antibiotics to cover the infection. If you manipulate you could worsen the infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.