Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Puss in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Puss in ear

I have non oozing yellow puss build up in both ears, left ear is prominent.  No pain, no hearing loss, no warmness, nothing negative, except it feels like a tickling in my left ear on occasion.  That's when I assume the build-up is getting too much.  I use a metal acne tool to lightly scrape the inside of the ear canal (very carefully), this results in removing a yellow puss like liquid.  It's not wax, you can really tell the difference.  It's been ongoing for a while, just curious what is could be.  I think it's a permanent pimple or something similar.  
It is probably wet wax...  sorry to burst your bubble, but wax comes in many different textures & colors.   But if you think it really is pus, you need to go see an ENT.