Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Raw throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Raw throat?

I have a sore throat, and was wondering what might be the cause. I don't have any drainage, and I'm not coughing at all. I also don't have any congestion. It's just, my throat is really 'raw' (according to my dad, who looked down it with a flashlight). We have some prescribed antibiotics (pills) that my doctor gave me three months ago, when I had strep throat. Is it safe to assume that taking these pills will help? I took some over-the-counter sore throat medicine, but it didn't seem to help, which leads me to believe it's not the common sore throat. My voice is also completely normal. I don't know what could be the cause of this. I've been drinking only water for the past 3 days, but it doesn't seem to have helped, either. It's worst in the morning time. It only hurts when I swallow something, as well.