Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Right Side Sinus Headache and Swollen Under Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I went to the Drs Office on Monday because my right side under my ear and neck had swollen. I had a tremendous headache where it was burning in my right nostril that was draining clear.  In addition, I was feeling nauseated and fatigued. I took Tylenol but it absolutely did nothing to alleviate the pain. My Dr. said that I had a virus and my sinuses were infected and prescribed antibiotics, Z-Pak. I'm on the third day of this medication and it seems to be reducing the pain on the right side, but the swelling and pressure of it is still there.   I've always had a history of allergies and sinusitis, but in 2007 I discovered the Nettie pot which was limiting the amount of sinus infections that I would get each year.  Since I use it everyday, I could detect when there was a change in the color of drainage but this time there was no indication.  Not to knock my Dr, but is this really a sinus infection based on what I described above?