Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ringing in ears, tired all the time, light headed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have been feeling strange now for the past 6 weeks, it is hard to describe, I would not say dizzy but more of a lightheaded feeling and sometimes my legs feel heavy and I have to stop or hold on to something. I also have a continuous ringing in my ears but only bothers me when I concentrate on it. I have gone from hating lying in bed in the mornings to not wanting to get up and feeling extremely tired all day long. I have no symptoms when sitting but I feel like I don't want to socialise as I feel safer sat down.
I have just sold my business and about to start a university course so stress could be a factor. I have also had 6 weeks off not working so could the tiredness just be my body reacting to not having work pressures etc?
I will go the doctors soon I just keep hoping it gets better, I think the worrying though is making it worse! The symptoms have started since I have been on holiday in Egypt where I kept hydrated at all times, the only thing I had on holiday which made me feel strange was a deep massage in my shoulder that was quite painful
It maybe environmental allergies I get similar ...you can ask for a heavy metal toxicity test
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The light headedness may happen if there is inadequate supply of oxygen to the brain. This can happen with cardiac disorders or lung disorders.  In cardiac disorders there is inadequate pumping  of blood and in lung disorders there is inadequate oxygenation. It could also be due peripheral arterial blood disorders. Symptoms are usually aggravated with exercise in cardiac disorders. Diabetes mellitus and hypertension can cause these symptoms. Again inadequate sleep, hypoglycemia, anemia and vitamin deficiencies can aggravate your symptoms of lightheadedness.  You will need to consult your primary care physician for a proper evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.