Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore, tender nose for no apparent reason

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Viewing 201-268 comments:
I had small lump on my nose on new year and its swollen and next day it spread to my lips and cheeks, and i went to emergency and they found its cellulite on face and got admitted to hospital for 1 week and got cured with vancomycin.  Now i dont have anything, but im really cleaning my hands regularly as im scared it may come back
Ok,  well yall posted these things like 3 years ago sooo tell me how fast your noses started to feel beTter! Because I'm having the same problen...
Just the other day i used a new nose hair trimmer.  After a day I noticed that the nose was very sore to the touch, right at the tip, and only on one side. Day 2, not much air flow through that nostril. Also noticed some blood on that side when i blow my nose. Any suggestions, ideas?  It is still painfull to the touch and seems a little swollen.
I woke up this morning, and my nose was sore. It feels like i was hit in my nose. I can't breath threw my nose, I can only breath threw my mouth. it hurts to touch my nose, and it feels like I'm getting a head ache. what's wrong with me?
I have the same problem! Did you ever find out what was wrong? Did it get better?
i woke up yesterday with my nose sore on both nostrils(like on the curve of the outside). They're really red and feels like pimples, but yesterday felt like a paper cut and my nose has been itching really bad. I've had headaches off and on the last 3 days, but figured it was bc I haven't eaten like i should(due to school/work schedule). I've never had this happen unless I had a cold or the flu and had been blowing my nose a lot. It hurts pretty bad and I kind of feel like I'm getting a sore throat, but have never had my nose hurt like this before I got a cold. anyone find out anything yet?
This is astonishing!  I had no idea so many people suffered from a sore bridge of the nose!  The number of hits you get when you google 'sore bridge of nose' is unbelievable.

I woke up with this a couple of days ago--for the second time.  The first episode was two years ago, about the same time of year.  That time, a little plastic cup had fallen from a shelf and very lightly struck the spot that became tender enough that wearing sunglasses hurt a lot.  I figured a little blood vessel must have hit the nose just perfectly and caused a bleed somewhere under the skin, even though I hadn't felt a real injury.  The skin turned a darkish red and there was enough swelling to give me a definite bump on my normally pretty straight nose, but there was no sign I could see of a sore on the inside or outside.

I put Bactrim in the nostril, and the worst of the pain went down in about five days, though the swelling was visible for a month.  If the Bactrim was helpful, it certainly wasn't dramatic, but I was traveling in a foreign country, and that's all I had for medication.

This time, however, the sudden swelling occurred while I was ALREADY taking a heavy load of amoxicillin and flagyl for a gut problem.  Go figure.  It might be significant that, just as last time, a plastic dish fell out of a cupboard and very lightly clipped me on the snoot, but I didn't feel any pain at the time.

Right now I think (hope) I'm at the phase where it's at its worst---reddish and very, very tender.  Got Bactrim in there again, and we'll see.  At least this one happened at home, so I can see a doc if I need to.

But it really is mind-blowing to see how common this problem is, and how little acquaintance doctors seem to have with it.  Is it possible that doctors do not get sore nose bridges?

Ooops, to correct my post above, the antibiotic cream I put in there is Bactroban (mupirocin), not Bactrim, as I mistakenly wrote.
I was just diagnosed with cellulitis... it is a staph infection and it is very bad when it is on the nose because it can get to your eyes, brain, lymph nodes and bloodstream and cause damage to your eyes brain and cause death if not treated.

I came to this site a few days ago looking for what is causing the pain in the bridge of my nose that started small but day after day felt like some one beat my nose with a metal bar. It took a little while searching other forums before I heard the mention of cellulitis.

I immediately paged my doctor on New Year's day to see if I should go to the emergency room since every place was closed and that I was sure I had cellulitis. She assured me that it was sinusitis and that she would call me on Monday (which is tomorrow).

Thank the universe I listened to myself and went to a walk in center today because it looks like it is starting to enter my eyes. They gave me a shot of antibiotics as well a prescription of them and told me that this is the most worrisome place to get this infection because it can progress quickly if it gets into the bloodstream.

If your nose is red and tender to the touch... the pores may start to look larger as your nose swells and look like orange peal... go get checked out!

Mine started on the bridge but it can be anywhere really... as cellulitis is not limited to the nose...
Wow ist seems to be an epidemic i have been having the same problem about a day or two ago i noticed it it is a slight pain to the touch and swelling and i felt inside my nose a spot that was swallon and idk why or how ot take care of it either i think that i may have an intolerance ot fish because ofver the bast couple days if not weeks i have been eating a lot of salads with tuna in it and wonder if that could have something ot do with it.
I have the very same.. I've just been on 4 plane journeys in the last 3 days, so even though it was a worryingly big lump on the left side of my nose bridge, I assumed it must've been some kind of sinus thing because flying has always affected my sinuses in some way. And I have a massive pressure headache so it all adds up.. I found this thread very helpful :)
You guys have an infection that spread into the inside of your nose. Take a q-tip and some antibacterial cream and rub it in your nostrils for a few nights. It will go away. Good luck!
You can get an infection in the skin and tissue on your nose, it's called cellulitis.  The area would be red, hot to touch, tender and swollen.  They will put you on antibiotic pills to correct it because it can develop into something more serious if you don't nip it in the bud.  If you have a fever or this combination of symptoms, please see a doctor soon.
The tip of my nose has also been very sore for about 3 weeks it comes and goes, I was at the doctor this past  monday and told him about it he said it was a staph infection and prescribed keflex . He said I could take it now or when it flairs up again. Should I take it now or wait for it to flair up.
I'm glad I'm not alone, but in the same instance concerned bc I'm not alone ... its the 3rd day for me its now giving me headaches.. I don't know if I should try compresses, but my nose isn't stopped up.  If someone plz finds the answer let me know ...
I'm sorry were all going thru this .
I am 47yo female.  Sydney Australia. I have the same symptoms you are all describing. About 5 days ago I attempted to blow my nose and noticed it was strangely sore internally, high in the passage on L side. I was very apprehensive and blew my nose most gingerly.  I didnt have a major cold. I then noticed the soreness spread and moved over the next few days.  It seemed to be in my nose cartilage. Have never felt anything like it before. Last night, I had a sudden clear and profusive discharge just before retiring to bed which went within minutes.   Then today the strange soreness migrated to the bridge of my nose. The thin skin over the bridge of my nose is red and inflamed.  It has the appearance of sunburn. Very sore to touch the bone and it has radiating pain upon touch, but now more down the Rside of my nose!   I looked up "sore bone in nose" curious and very concerned, and found these strange posts.  Sounds viral to me since its all new symptoms and seems to be 'traveling' across continents.
I seem to have the exact same complaints as you. Sore tip of my nose also getting dizzy spells and I also have pityriasis rosea on my chest. Can you please let me know how you got on with your doctor, and how I can be cured.
I woke up two days ago and thought I had a pimple up my nose.  I can barely touch the right side of my nose above the bridge. I used my netty pot twice and got a little relief . I know now that it's not a pimple but what is it?  What can I use over the counter to make this go away. It's getting worse and my face is swelling.  HELP!!!
I woke up with a red swollen very painful nose, it felt like someone had punched me in the nose.
Took Benedril ,that didnt work took Tylenol that didnt work, went to see my Dr. at first glance she thought my nose was broken, was put on antibiotic and ibuprofen + advil, the dr. said i was most likely bitten by a mosquito as no sign of a spider bite, she was baffled.So now its almost 12 hours after the pain started,its about the same i cant even and dont touch my nose, it hurts to wear my glasses even though they are very light.Just wanted to share this with everyone, also will keep you updated.
I have the same pain.  It just started 3 days ago and I went into the urgent care center and the doctor said he thinks it is cellulitis and prescribed Bactrim, but after 2 days of taking it, I woke this morning and my nose bridge was even more sore and still a little swollen and pink.  So I decided to go into the emergency room and they gave me a shot of antibiotics and prescribed Keflex and told me to double up on the dosage of bactrim as well as take ibuprofen.  I am going to see my family doctor tomorrow- this is the weirdest ailment I have ever had and I am freaked out too.  Hopefully this goes away soon!
Ok, so I woke up with a nose pain one week ago, at the end of the bone, on the soft part. As I have some comedones there, I thought it was a new incoming acne zit.

The pain wasn't really strong but I started to have runny nose, and inflammed nose, and everything started to get worse last night, I woke up due to an extreme pain in the nose, took Tylenol and put hydrocortisone on it.

On morning I had a huge amount of pus there, after a hot shower it drained and I put some alcohol in order to stop it. It is now swollen, red, and I am at work with a bandage on it and will see what happens tonight. I took Excedrin to decrease the pain (which is not awful but very annoying).

Now my eyes feel itchy and I feel like sinus are inflammed...

I don't know what is going to happen..

Oy vey! Today my nose has started hurting very similar to what is being said here. I touched my nose and it was really sore, looked in the mirror and it's red and the pores look larger. When I bend over it hurts more, maybe from blood pressure? I guess I'll give it a couple days and see what happens?
I work in the medical field so of course I was going to Google this or rush in and see the ENT docs.  Last night I blew my nose before bed and had such pain.  Not in my sinuses but the bone of my nose.  No sinus infection, no watery or itchy eyes, just simply pain when I touch my nose.  More on the left than right.  I spent quit a bit of time this morning feeling my nose and trying to figure this out. Now after doing that, I have a headache.  I will speak to our docs at work today and see what I can find out.  I assume this will go away within time.  Will try the hot pack and Advil and warm rinses.                                                        
Well, am I glad I found this site! I'm a 47 YO female, I started with these same "bridge of nose" pain issues a couple of days ago: first more on one side, and soon spread to the other as well as the top. Kept thinking I must have slept face-planted on the edge of the bed or something. Such a weird thing, and I've never had sinus infections before, nor do I get colds very often, and my allergies to ragweed and other pollens have been in remission for years after suffering with them for 30-ish years living in the NoVA area. My nose isn't stuffy, so I can breathe fine. I recently moved to a higher, drier altitude (a few months ago-- Boise, ID) and now wonder if I picked up some infection. Thanks to everyone (esp. DrWeb) for sharing your experiences and recommendations.
I'm not messing around and am making an appt. with my GP first thing Mon. morning.  Hoping this can be knocked out quickly with antibiotics.
This thread started 2 years ago...And still we are here. I too have a very sore nose. I woke up last week and the right side of the bridge of my nose was very painful to the touch. The pain has since spread to the left side. I was at the doctors for a cough today, and pointed it out - thinking it might be a sinus thing.
My young doctor looked at me like I was from mars. Apparently I am the first nose pain sufferer that has graced his office.
He thought that it might be an infection in the skin and prescribed antibiotics.
I am to go back if I have no relief in 5 days.
I find it quite interesting that this seems to be a very common problem.
Me too. My right nostril has been very soar on the outside for about 2 days now. Hurts really bad like i got hit as well. No runny nose, puffy eyes, or cold like symptons at all. I never even had allergy problems in my past either.
i am having the same problems. only mine is around the part of my nose that is like. onnected to close to my cheek if that makes any sense. lol. i keep thinking it might be a pimple but i dont know. of someone could please help me i would really apprieate it. thanks!!
I am having an issue with my nose. I get a sore on it and it is not a zit and I frequently wake up with a headache and get headaches during the day.

I am not sure of what is going on here but it is a red sore on my nose. Is it worth me going to my doctor to have them look at this? I cannot breathe as well out of the right side where it is sore and it hurts really bad if I touch it and I get crusty's in it alot.

It goes away after 5 days and then comes back a few weeks later.
I had the same predicament 4 days ago, first I thought it was a sign of Sinusitis whatever, though I dont even had a flu or runny nose to trigger the pain in the outer area of my nose (nose bridge area), as the days went on, I could no longer bear the pain for it is covering half of my face already, and severe headache. Earlier, I went to see my ENT,  he ruled out Sinusitis. And concentrated on the Nerve thing. I am under observation for 5 days..prescribed PolyNerve & Cataplam..I hope I can be better in the next few days as iv been restless and it affects my mobility..have a good day!
I had the same problem. The right tip of my nose was very sore and it felt like I was getting a pimple, but I could not find one. After 2 days right side of my nose became very red and swollen and it started to affect my sinus and the gland under my right chin was sore. I went online and found out that it might be a staph infection or cellulitis caused by an ingrown pimple or boil. So I went to a Dr. and he agreed it looked like a mild infection and prescribed an oral antibiotic (Keflex) and Bactroban (antibiotic cream to apply to the affected area twice daily). After 2 days on the antibiotic the redness has decreased and it appears to be working. I was worried that it might be MRSA, but since the Keflex worked it was likely Staph aureus. My advice is go to the Dr and get an antibiotic before it becomes a more serious infection.
well I am here in Phoenix and have had a sore tip of my nose for several days two weeks ago, I did  nothing with it and it finally felt better by Sunday and Monday of this week by yesterday afternoon I went to rub my noise and the pain was there again almost as if it had never left. I have taken some long warm showers and tried some warm compresses and it feels a little better but still hurts to the touch. I have noted that my sinusis are very dry.  I have never had this issue before this month and am concerned that there is a deeper cause.  I recently bought a steerng wheel cover that was made in china and emmits a noxious odor, I wonder if its affecting me???
Well my nose the R side on thr r side of my r side there has developed a hurting spot 3 days ago then just yesterday it developed a bump inside and if I squeeze it it acts like puss comes out but like an hour later it's bigger and Stronger and buff and shiny bump I can't see it but it feel like it's like staphe it's hard what is it and it's getting better everyday I'm just curious as yaw would be if it was u is a whole lot better but I'm just curiouse as to know what was in my nose ! Lol (:
Hi folks, from England and had this start about a week ago.
as per many on here I blamed the missus for smacking me in the nose with with her elbow in the night.
this whole phenomenon is weird, yes?
bridge of nose still tender, I have a really crappy congested nose which is blocked one moment and not the next. pain seems to dissipate and then comes back a day or so later.
unclear whether i need to worry or not.....feels like someone nutted me on a drunken night out. however, not had a drunken night out for many a year. Maybe i should go for one of those and then have a reason for the pain. sounds like a plan, who's up for getting drunk : )
same here. so strange; wish i knew what was causing it
33 yr old male, i woke up a few days ago thinking the wife whacked me in her sleep, but to no avail. I have an aching soreness in my nose that is tender to the touch that seems to be located in the cartilage and where it meets the bone. I have had sudden congestion and sneezing right after I lay down to sleep, but do not feel sick from a cold or allergy.It disappears quickly and doesn't come back for a whole day. I took a claritin allergy pill anyway with no results. No redness or swelling that i have seen here posted already. Just feel like I got punched, with no idea what it could be. Im going to wait it out and see if it gets better on its own, if it gets worse, I'll be back to let you know what the doctors here in Denver say.
I was having the issue for the last 4 days.  To ease the pain I took naproxen (or Aleve if you want an OTC) for the swelling and pain. At first I thought it was allergies too which was odd because I never had them before and took Zyrtec-D which did help with the clear discharge, but the pain was a killer.  I also used one of those herbal packs you can heat up in the microwave (from those annoying vendors at the mall) and layed over my nose, eyes and forehead for around 20 minutes. Its now the day after and my pain is almost gone and so is the swelling. I also recommend a saline nose spray to keep your nasal cavity from drying out. This worked for me and hope it works for all of you. Let me know if this helped.    
   Im from southeastern CO  I had a blister back after Thanksgiving.  It was painful went away.  Fine until after Christmas I got really bad blister on left side. Used hydrogen proxside on it it went away I was happy.   4 days later BOOM   my whole righside of my nose is red like Rudolf red nosed reindeer.   Painful as hell and ugly white puss with blood coming out of these blisters.  Tip of my nose hurt like I had been hit in face with a big fist.  I call my primary doc.....sorry cant see you book untel middle Feb.   OK.  Called nurse line they told my try Neoporin until I could see my DOC.   Boom again   now I have more alful blisters in my nose.   Call my pRIMARY  doctor aagain.   Cant see you he is totally booked she says.   I  got to thinking Hell take me to ER I begged my sister to give me a ride.   Its Cellulitis the doc at the ER said.   Gave me antibiotics and an ointment for inside my nose.   Man you got to love a Medicaid Doctor who is booked solid that he cant make room to see you because there is no cancelations.   I am sick.   I rarely go to doctor except when I need my narcotics for my chronic condition.   My doctor told me he liked me because  Im not complicated.    Well now thanks to Cellulitis inside my nose Next time I see my Doc I going to say   Guess what.....I just got COMPLICATED   how the heck did I catch Cellulitis inside my nose????
I woke up an felt like id been hit across my nose very sore to touch but after reading on here im very concerned because later on that day it spread up to the top of my nose an it hurts when i bend over . im making me appointment tommorrow. If anyone finds out what this is i would love to know i will let you no what the doc says from tennessee
been having this same pain for two days now. Just woke up like i had been hit in the nose. I use a cpap machine with pillow coushin (inserts into the nostrils) and now it hurts to wear it. Im flying out of town tomorrow with no chance of seeing a doctor before i leave. All these post got me paranoid for a minute with the cillulitis, staph, etc etc. But this has happened to me before,years and years ago, and it had went away on its own. Regardless, i just used my netty pot and shoved neosporin up my nose haha.
I am currently suffering from Cellulitis in the nose, i am 23, living in adelaide. 1 week ago it started when i noticed the septum was sore to touch, i didnt think much of it and left it alone hoping it would get better. After a few days it got better. Yesterday i woke up and blew my nose and the pain was unbelievable! the bridge of my nose was so sore to touch and when i looked in the mirror i noticed that it was swollen, i googled it, which led me to this site. I then went to an emergency doctor who prescribed that bactroban (?) ointment to put on and he said you should notice the difference in 1 day. i applied the ointment as directed with the last application before going to bed. I barely slept from the pain and pressure and when i got up to check it out i notice my nose had swollen more, i put more ointment on and went to another doctor. The doctor said he had not seen something like it before and it might be cellulitis but did not confirm it, he prescribed me Keflex and said to keep using the bactroban cream. Will keep you guys posted on how it goes!
i have the same.had nosebleeds fro a week and given a cream whch did nothing my nose is tender and sore on inside and tip has been swollen and very painful to touch on teh outside for about a week,today bridge was sore and have a slight bump on bridge .also bone swelling either side of my nose.put on glasses today pain was unbearable.blowing my nose it is very sore  and nose feels blocked went to doctor -laughed at me and said it was all in my imagination.thanks for nothing dr.
Same problem here, went to an ENT, said he was sure it was not MRSA or a staph infection, thought it was just inflammed.  He did a blood test to rule out Lupus, and the CPR result came back mild-elevated.  He wanted to do a 2nd blood tests to rule out other possibilties, but his nurse would not tell me what they were when she called me with the results from the first one.  This other one takes 3-4 days, will keep updated.
48 year old female here woke up with a painful nose just like the rest of you guys 2 days ago.  I felt like I'd been hit between the eyes with a baseball bat.  I gave it 2 days and it only got worse so after reading all the posts here I headed to the CareNow guy (my doctor could not get me in until tomorrow).  He right off the bat told me I had Cellulitis on my face.  They gave me an injection, Bactrim to take at home and Bactroban ointment to put on and in my nose and I have to go back tomorrow.  This is scary stuff.
It's simple. I woke with the tip of my nose so painful that I could not even touch it. I used a q-tip to spread hydrogen peroxide. Then, I did the same with neosporene. The pain was almost gone, within 1 day.
I have the same thing for about a week started sneezing then the same syptoms (symptoms) you have one side sore to touch swollen at the tip starting to freak out now did you ever find out? or did it go away Please email me @ michael.***@**** Thank you hope you feel better
After doing that with the peroxide and neosporene did it go away totally and did you have swelling? thank you hope you feel better
Hello, I have all of a sudden developed scabs in my nose. It was this past Easter my step daughter came over with impetigo. About 4 months later, my son ended up getting it. I was thinking that was what I too had now. I have been putting sab that his doctor had given him, but it hasn't helped me any. Of course he had antibiotics as well. Today, I haven't felt well at all. I now have developed a fever to go along with the painful sores in my nose. I can't get into the doctor's, he was all booked up. Im not going to die am I?
This most likely is cellulitis. I've had exactly the same symptoms as most of you and was diagnosed yesterday. It is a type of staph infection that should be taken seriously. Report to your MD or ER immediately.
I don't know if this is the same thing as all of you but this morning I woke up with TERRIBLE pain underneath my nose. Not on the bridge. When ever I even lightly touch it it hurts so bad I almost cry! It's not that red though and doesn't have a bump or anything. I also didn't hit my nose on anything recently. Right now it's throbbing and is starting to hurt without even touching it! Does anyone know what this is! Should I see a doctor?
It's not underneath my nose. It's right between my two nostrils and follows up to the tip.
Same symptoms here.
Days 1, 2, and 3: sore bridge of nose like bone pain. Very painful to the touch.
Day 4: red, swollen, hot upper part of nose with 18 hour fever and chills.
Day 5: went to doctor; no sinus infection; he suspected bug bite or inadvertent injury, prescribed nothing but a Benadryl. Tried benedryl, no response because this was no bug bite.
Day 6 and 7: nose less red, swelling decreased.
Day 8: almost no pain left; practically back to normal!

Summary: I was prepared for whatever infection it was to travel to my eyes, brain, etc.; thanks for the heads up everybody. Maybe my fever took care of it? Definitely finding a new doctor. Looks like some posts suggest this may not be the last time I have this. :(
I ran the Spartan race in Fenway yesterday and with the cold weather, dust, etc.. after I finished. I felt a sharp pain inside my right nostril, followed by continuous sneezing, and water like dripping from my right nose along with a watery right eye. It is very painful under the budge of my nose. No fever, no headaches, no other facial pain. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful. Please e-mail me at ***@**** ... thank you so much. P.s. its very painful when I breathe in, nothing when I breathe out. Monika
Got the same symptoms, first a very sore top of  L nostril on bone, which gradaully spread across top of bridge of nose and to R, and there was a shiny swollen band across top of bridge. I stuck with th pain for 48 hours, feeling feverish but telling myself I must have knocked my nose in my sleep, etc. Went to Doc on 4th day, who was quite bemused and said it could be a spot that would show in a couple of days. No spot, just more fever, and here I am writing in the middle of the night because the pain has woken me. Oh dear!
Omg i think this is a new virus!one day i hate a red nose so i thought it was a sunburn.after putting a bunch of stuff to help it,it hurts when i touch it and it looks bruised and a bit green
Im 14 and its a little small bump under my nose and its hurts. Plus my throat is a lil dry
To the original post & others concerned with similar problems: The health problem you are experiencing is do to a human reaction from the eating of pork products. More specifically, the chemicals pigs are treated with when they are alive and the chemicals pork meat is treated with in order for it to be sold on the market. This problem is becoming wide spread to the point that health problems are running off the charts and people are dieing all over the world. The sad part is that no one really cares. People love pork products to the point that they will not believe that it can cause harm, or give it up because they would rather die then take care of their health. All over the world whenever people give up all pork products and dairy products,... fibromialgia (fibromyalgia), arthritis, memory and concentration problems, and a host of other health related problems dry up and people start living better, more happier lives. I truly wish you the best.
Amazing comment. I believe you are right in the grand scope of things...
I had soreness on the bridge of my nose for no apparent reason. This is day three and I noticed my nose was starting to get swollen. Went to the doctor was diagnosed with Cellulitis. This is an infection of the skin.  If you are having these symptoms GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. Who new this was so common?  I am now on antibiotics.  
I just came down with the s as me systems!!!!! What did you find out????  Please help HOT presses are no relief:(((
Unexplained pain on the bridge of the nose, can be from Shingles. A branch of the trigeminal nerve, called the external nasal nerve, travels down the center of the nose. if you have had chicken pox in the past, the virus can be dormant on this nerve. When the virus becomes active again, you can experience tenderness to extreme pain, followed generally by small blister type eruptions that follow the nerve. Need a prescription for an anti viral medication.
I have been suffering for some 20 years - after  trimming nasal hair i start getting sores inside the nose & this can  lead to the outside of the nose - a bit like rudolph - very sore & red - anyhow i new this was because of trimming finally so i had to be very careful with electric trimmers - anyhow - 6 months ago i came I across a product from Nads to wax the nasal hair it came with applicators - so i had to  give it ago ....  can i say all my problems have gone no more red nose - no more pain .. the process is so easy & you only have to do it once every 2-4 weeks - i put a little conditioner in after & i have a very clean nose.. if your a bloke & you have a very sensitive nose then you gotta go to waxing..
I have been reading these posts and can't believe there are so many. I woke up December 23rd, 2013 with the severe pain on top and one side of my nose. It was also swollen. No redness. I got in the next day to see a doctor. I have MDS Myleodysplastic Syndromee (bone marrow and blood disease) and my blood cells are very misshapen (too large, too wide, etc.) He said that is why I have this infection.  Great news for Christmas huh? He gave me a prescript for ointment that I put in my nose twice a day and it has helped with the pain and swelling. I am to use if for 5 days. Hopefully you don't have MDS, and just an infection. I have a weakened immune system so he said that is why my body couldn't fight this. Wonder if it has anything to do with my hair falling out ???
5 days ago i had same symptoms- felt like id been hit in the nose, bridge of nose very sore. over the weekend it started to swell and get red so i went to urgent care. it is cellulitis- they put me on bactrim and said if it got worse to go to my family dr. immediatley which i had to do the next day. he added another strong antibiodic and said if it wasnt better in 2 days i would be admitted in the hospital and put on iv antibiodics. this is dangerous stuff given its location- you can get it in your eyes and get menegitis.if you think you have it go to your doctor. cellulitis is a staph infection
i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have the same thing. I just got it inside my nose. It really annoys me when I try to concentrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! When I touch the outside of the right side of my nose it hurts so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Viewing 201-268 comments: