Sore, tender nose for no apparent reason
2 days ago I woke up to a very sore, tender nose. It feels like I have been hit, but I haven't. I haven't run into anything either. Now it has a dull ache or throbbing. My sinuses seem to be fine, but it feels like my nose is getting worse, it's actually the skin that runs down the brdge of my nose that's in pain.  Please help!  thank you
I have the same thing! Well mine started off with just that nose pain on like the bridge of my nose.
Now, 4 1/2 days later, it still hurts really bad and is looking swollen. I also now have developed sneezing, congestion, watery eyes, and the full pressure feeling that is in my nose feels like it is spreading through my sinuses.
My nose hurts so bad though! I don't understand the pain and swelling.
Is this going around???  Last week the (R) side of my nose bridge was in pain and tender to the touch... thought it might have been my glasses because sometimes I fall asleep and it's still on.  But this morning, both L & R of my nose bridge is inflammed and pain at the touch.  I have virus conjunctivitis (pink eye) - would this be related??  Is this a sinus?  I do not feel like I have sinus.
Please help!
the left side of nose nose is red and swollen. yesterday it was just sore to the touch, today is it just plain sore, sort of a dull throb. From what i can tell it is confined strictly to the outside of nose, not in the nostril. I called my Dr and he's on vacation til 2nd week of Aug.
Wow sounds like somthing new going around my nose is so painfull i cant wear my glasses. Across the bridge of my nose and between my eyes. Is it allergies, or sinuses causing this crazy hurtfull stuff?
OMG !! I have the same symptoms. Woke up a few days ago with the bridge of my nose tender to touch. No drainage, no injury, nada. Today it hurts to even wrinkle my nose. Also it hurts completely midline through the cartilidge septum as well. I am going to the doctor tomorrow!

so what happened with you and all the others posted here??
Yes, add me to the list!  I woke up 3 days ago with this problem and its been getting worse!  I thought someone had punched me in the nose and I blocked it out!  Happy I guess to see I'm not the only one with this weird nose pain and swelling!
sorry new to all this, i have the same problem, what is wrong with us? I am now a little worried as it has been 4 days, thought i may have hurt myself in my sleep, odd, but the only explanation. I go on holiday in 2 days am worried the flight will cause more pressure???  
well me too. I woke up three days ago and it felt like I had been hit with a ball or something the day before. except i hadnt been hit with a ball. the next day it was worse. felt like I had been punched in the nose the day before. the next day it was hard to blow my nose it hurt so bad. this morning it is yet worse and now you can kind of detect that it is now swollen as well. not red but a little puffy. it is in the cartilige not the bone but where the two meet seems to be the worst place. it is not inside the nostril either it is in the cartilidge. nothing has happened to me and this makes no sense. I have no other symptoms. no fever no bleeding no runny nose or wattery eyes. has anyone gotten a bona fide medical opinion on this?? seems pretty odd to me...
I'm kind of freaked out about it, but it's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm wondering how it resolved for other people. Mine came with a cold and fever.
This is crazy, I have the same problem and its driving me insane....Please tell me what any of you have discovered.  I am between jobs, never get sick....really never use my insurance I've been paying for the last 20 years and now of course I could really use it.  HELP!
I saw a homeopath about this on Saturday. He treated my sinus involvement with a couple of remedies, and Arnica for the soreness. He didn't know what this is. Since then, the inflammation has gradually gone down, and after about a week, last night the pain was nearly gone. Now my nose is nearly normal.
maybe not exactly the same as all u - but I have been getting really sore little white oozy spots on the inside of my nose - anyone clued up? very often at least one nostril becomes fatter as though a spot has formed inside my nose, even though it hasn't and my nose goes tough and sore - i got that dry nose thing (forgotten terminology) as a kid how it all crusts up and u cant breathe and even tho i never get ill i always seem to have a sore nose - :( x
WOW, I'm located in Arizona and it's been 4 days for me.  The bridge of my nose hurts as if I had been punched.  A little swelling and I noticed yesterday that it was a little red. Today not only is it a little red but it looks like it's bruising. My eyes get a little blurred but not all the time. No fever but I do want to sneeze occassionally. No sinus drainage. Is everyone from a different state? My husband and I are really geting concerned. Does anyone have any kind of idea?
What did the doctor say?
This is really strange. I woke up two days ago with the bridge of my nose feeling like I had gotten hit. I'm not congested or anything. Today it hurts to wrinkle my nose or touch it. It even hurts to yawn. I feel silly going to the doctor about this. Has anyone gotten any relief?
I went to the doctor on 11/5, my nose started getting sore on 11/3. He really didn't know what was wrong, but prescribed antibiotics thinking there might be an infection under the skin. I didn't pick up the meds because I don't like to take antibiotics unless I really need them. I told him I would pick them up if my nose didn't get better in a couple of days. Today is 11/7, and my nose is starting to feel better. It still hurts, but not as much and the swelling has gone down. I also felt achy with this for a couple of days. The only thing I can link it to is that I got a flu shot on 11/2. I hope this helps someone in the future.
What is the Doctor's prognosis on the nose pain?
Everyone should be careful because I had all of your symptoms and was just diagnosed with staph in the nose omg the pain and the first 2 docs didnt get it the ent specialists got it but it is not easy to get rid of .
I was just wondering if anyone ever found out anything. Have had the same symptoms over the last 2 days (accused my hubby of hitting me in our sleep). Nose is extremely sore and a bit red and swollen. Have a bit of an earache, fullness in ears as well. Recently
(2 weeks ago) got over sinusitis and bronchitis. Anyone get an answer from their dr on this?
Swimmergirl is right, an infection is a significant concern, both bacterial in her case (staph and possibly MRSA), and even more worrisome would those like rodina with eye pain.  Nose + eye pain is very worrisome for herpes infection of the eye which can be very serious.  It needs immediate evaluation from an ophthalmologist.

A painful red nose for the rest of you...  that's not normal and worth getting your doctor to examine.