Sore Throat on one side only
I have pain in the back of my throat only on one side and it feels as if the very back of my tongue on that side could also be feeling some pain.  It is not a burning sensation like a normal sore throat but more of life an ache that is amplified every time I swallow.  This just started about 5 days and wasn't too bad until today when it became much worse.  What could this be and what can I do for the pain?
I have the same thing and it is caused by postnasal drip due to allergies. I have seasonal allergies but also allergic to lots of indoor things like dust. Also, certain foods can do that. Like, if you have something that is really salty.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms described could be due to a throat infection, most probably streptococcal or a viral infection. Strep sore throat needs to be treated with an antibiotic as strep is a bacteria. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. If you develop a fever, or if there is enlargement of the tonsils or if there is white coating on the tonsils, you will need to consult your primary care physician for a strep test, which if positive you will be given antibiotics.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.