Sore in Nose! Herpes?
Hi, I have a painful sore in my nose and am not sure what it is/is from!?
I was really sick last week with flu/cold symptoms, and now I just have a cold, so I have been blowing my nose a lot, but I do not know if that would cause this sore (because I get colds a LOT and this has never happened).
It is very hard to see the sore due to its location, but it it appears to be partial scab-like and partially "raw" too. It is just right inside my nose on the inner side.  I have had it for several days. However, this morning I woke up with something hurting on the end of my nose (outside tip), on the same side of where it hurts inside. I thought it was a zit, but it isn't! It has a small scab, and then it's just really red around it.
I went to the Dr today and she gave me a zpac (antibiotic) for other reasons, so I'm hoping it will help with the nose!? (prolly not)
ANYWAY the most important part (maybe) of this story is that a year ago I developed a herpes sore on the back of my throat! My mom gets the cold sores, so I'm sure I got it from her, but she gets them reappearing all the time. I have not had any in 14 months since the first incidence, but I am worried that this nose thing COULD be herpes? Could someone tell me what the sore would look like if it were herpes verses something else? Thank you!
...and yes, I am taking Lysine, and vitamin C, and Vitamin A (extra of all) during this time.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

With herpes the lesions are multiple and are usually vesicles. When the crusts are removed do you see a ‘weepy’ surface, then the cause is most probably bacterial infection. Practice good ‘nasal hygiene’, i.e avoid using finger tips to remove the crusts, as they harbor infection causing bacteria. The nose ulcers described could also be due to blowing too much or if the air is too dry. Try using an OTC saline spray. Avoid blowing your nose too hard till the sores heal and use a soft Kleenex. If you don’t already have one get a humidifier for your bedroom.  

The lesions you have could also be due to herpes. If it fails to resolve, consult your doctor to rule out herpes infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.