Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Sore throat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore throat

Hello,

About a week ago, I got a pretty bad cold.  It consisted of head pressure and a stuffy nose.  When I blew my nose it was really yellowish green.  Now, for about four days, I have had a sore throat.  It veries in severity but at night it is worse.  I also have a feeling of a ball of mucus in the back of my throat.  When I attempt to clear nothing moves.  The past few days I have had a taste of blood in the back of my throat.  Now when I try to clear that feeling of having mucus in my throat I bring up a ball of dark blood, to which my throat becomes sorer after doing that.  When I clear my throat after that I noticed a little bit of bright red blood along with small amount of mucas with it.  I have not had a bloody nose and when I blow my nose now everything comes out clear.  Can you please tell me what your take on this is?  I do not have any swelling in the neck area as far as I can feel.