Sticky/thick mucus lump in throat feeling hard to swallow
Hi everyone. I hope I am posting in the right forum as I am unsure what is going on. I've been having a problem the past few days where it feels like there is sticky mucus stuck in the back of my throat. I try clearing my throat, coughing, and drinking water to try to fix the problem to no avail. It almost feels like there is a lump there and it is hard to swallow. I have been diagnosed with a slight case of GERD as well as a hiatal hernia and gastritis in the past and I do think I may have a sinus infection right now as well but I am not positive. My mouth and throat feel dry except that thick mucus feeling in the very back of my throat. The inside of my nose is very dry and when I am able to blow anything out of my nose its a yellow color mixed with dried up blood and a little bit of clear mucus. I've also been told by my allergist that I have chronic PND (post nasal drip) but have never had this weird sensation in my throat up until 3 days ago. I take Nasonex and Azelstine for my chronic sinus problems and Zyrtec if I absolutely feel I need to. I have Omeprazole for heartburn but am not currently taking this. Any ideas as to what the cause could be or what type of DR I should see about this problem? Are there any remedies/medicines I can take to alleviate these awful symptoms?
Gosh, search my name and see if you can find my posts in various forums.  Might be able to help you some with the dry nose issues.  First, I'd check with a dic if you think you have a sinus infection.  If you're lucky, it may be that.  Try running a humidifier at night.  Also, try to find the NeilMed nasal GEL and use that daily.  The gel is better than the sprays.  I am limited as to what I can use due to dry mouth and throat problems but know the lump feeling well.  It's horrible.  If you can maybe try some Fosomax nasal spray, seemed to help my son, however, these can dry you out more.  It can be a vicious circle.  Do get checked for an infection