Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Stiff neck associated with strep?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Stiff neck associated with strep?

4 days ago, I woke up with a bad sore throat, very swollen and painful neck glands, stiff and sore back of neck and bad headache, dizziness, fatigue, and fever.  I also was hurting all over--including my skin.  It progressively got worse (except the headache and generalized aching) and I finally went to the doctor 2 days ago.  I was tested for strep and it came back positive.  I was given pennicillin (penicillin).

My question is about my stiff/ sore neck.  It hurts to turn it either way.  Both sides hurt.  When I bend my head forward both sides hurt worse and into my upper back.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  It only started with the onset of the strep infection.  It's been getting worse despite treatment. Is is just part of the infection?
I have the same symptoms.  How did yours turn out?  Were they realted?  What medication cured your strep?
I have exactly the same symptoms.  Did you or any one else just get a TB test done? or have you been going to the lake?  I never get strep this was weird.  What I thought was just the onset of a cold turned out to be hell for 3 days I was in so much pain I could not even walk my neck and back hurt so bad.  I was given cephalexin and darvocet and I was taking mucinex too.  This is the 4th day slight pain in neck and between shoulder blades but feel 10 times better than the last 3 days