Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Stiff neck associated with strep?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stiff neck associated with strep?

4 days ago, I woke up with a bad sore throat, very swollen and painful neck glands, stiff and sore back of neck and bad headache, dizziness, fatigue, and fever.  I also was hurting all over--including my skin.  It progressively got worse (except the headache and generalized aching) and I finally went to the doctor 2 days ago.  I was tested for strep and it came back positive.  I was given pennicillin (penicillin).

My question is about my stiff/ sore neck.  It hurts to turn it either way.  Both sides hurt.  When I bend my head forward both sides hurt worse and into my upper back.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  It only started with the onset of the strep infection.  It's been getting worse despite treatment. Is is just part of the infection?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have the same symptoms.  How did yours turn out?  Were they realted?  What medication cured your strep?
Blank
I have exactly the same symptoms.  Did you or any one else just get a TB test done? or have you been going to the lake?  I never get strep this was weird.  What I thought was just the onset of a cold turned out to be hell for 3 days I was in so much pain I could not even walk my neck and back hurt so bad.  I was given cephalexin and darvocet and I was taking mucinex too.  This is the 4th day slight pain in neck and between shoulder blades but feel 10 times better than the last 3 days
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...