Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Stinky Sneezes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Stinky Sneezes

I'm 53 years old and have suffered for as loong as I can remember with a very bad odor when I sneeze. I can be doing almost anything, and if I sneeze it stinks. I have been married for over 30 years and when I sneeze in the car, my wife immediately lowers the window. She has stated many times she would rather I pass some bad gas.  Nothing particular that I can thnk of triggers the sneezing, or the odor, although it doesn't happen 100% of the time. I decided to write to you as my wife had heard that these types of sneezes have been found to be associated with certain diseases, and has asked me several times to check on it.
We have three sons and and they all suffer from the same thing, although my oldest son suffers from it the worst. His ar a lot like mine. It's extremely embarrassing when around other people.
Is there anything to what my wife heard about it being connected to a disease or is it just an old wives tale?
My husband has very foul sneezes as well, I liken them to the smell of wet sawdust.  My 10 yr old son is now having the same smelly sneezes, just not quite as strong.  I have scoured the Internet for answers and help, but just not satisfied with the results, but I'm still looking and determined to find answers and when I do I will certainly post them.
Try a nasal flush like neti pot or just a kit bought at a drug store.  i had this problem for years and it seems to be much better after i discovered this.  good luck.