Strep, extreme discomtoft with swallowing
Hello!  I have been having a very sore throat since Sunday eve (it is now early , early Wed. am) and went to the doc yesterday (Tues).  A rapid strep test came back positive and I have been given 875mg of Amoxicillin to take 2x a day and a combo of Lido/Benedryl/Maalox to help numb the pain in my throat. I have had chills & sweats that come with a 103' temp starting Monday pm.  As long as I take Tylenol/IB Profin every 3 1/2 to 4 hours, I keep the chills away, but still have a remaining temp of around 100' or 101'.  

My concern is this:  since having been in yesterday, my throat now has white puss pocteks that cover the length of my throat.  The numbing meds worked great the 1st time and now has no effect.  (I've used it about 3 times.)  I am not drinking much because I can hardly manage swallowing at all.  I can uaually handle my pain pretty well, but I get tears, everytime I have to swallow.  I have no appitite, my lower back has started to hurt, and I get restless easily.  (Hense the 2 am posting.

I don't know if this is related, but about 2 weeks ago, a boil developed just below my stomach.  An Eptsom Salt bath helped to draw it out and it hurt for a few days, but I just kept oinment on it and it got better.  Could the two be connected?

I know I've only been on the antibiotics less than 24 hours, but I'm am worried about the servereness of the pain I feel in my throat.  Any thoughts?  What sould I be on the look out for as far as new symptoms that would show it's not healing?

Thank you so much for your thoughts...