Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Stuffy nostril with headaches and "lump" in back of throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

A few months ago I started getting headaches and feelings of dizziness/lightheadedness. I also started noticing constant stuffiness in my right nostril (I started keeping water next to my bed because I was forced to breathe through my mouth to get enough air witch caused my mouth to dry out). Aside from having the flu or a cold ive really never had headaches before in my life, and these have just never gone away.

The stuffiness in my right nostril hasn't gone away either, and has seemingly gotten worse. I've been using Mucinex and NasacortAQ spray, but they don't seem to help a whole lot- every now and then it seems much better but it is never at 100 percent and is always short-lived. More recently it has begun to feel like I have something caught in the upper back part of my throat all the time. No amount of swallowing or hacking or gurgling water helps.

What kinds of problems might I be facing and what could be done to help? None of my problems are very severe but the fact they are happening together and for so long worries me a bit. Thanks for the help.