Surgery to remove lymph node
I have questions about getting surgery to remove a swollen lymph node on the neck.  My family Dr, Hematologist, and ENT are certain the bump is nothing (possibly scar tissue in a lymph node or just a swollen lymph node - since I cannot even remember how long I have had.....literally 5+ years).  All 3 of them know I am a "worry wart" so just say I should have it removed.  The ENT would be doing it and said it is a simple surgery requiring about an inch and half incision on my neck, that would take about 20 minutes, I can go to work the next day and will probably only need to take ibuprofen.  The only thing I'm totally nervous about is that he said I would be put under and have a breathing tube inserted!  I have NEVER had surgery in my life, other than wisdom teeth removed and I would like some advice from anyone who has had a similar surgery?  I'm not even worried about the pain after or anything!  I'm just freaked about being totally put under.  What can I expect?  HELP!
You won't know a thing about the breathing tube, other than having a sore throat for a day or two.  If its being done at an outpatient surgery center, you will usually have an IV inserted in your arm just prior to surgery, and they will give you some very nice meds to help you drift off to sleep.  It will seem like no time at all has passed, and you will be waking up in the RR.

They'll explain it all to you.  Just tell them you are very nervous.  They can usually give you something to relax you, too.  
Thanks peekwaho!  Do you know, will I have to have a catheter inserted into my bladder?  If so, do they do that after you are put out?