Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen Soft Palate after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swollen Soft Palate after eating

So for the last few years only sometimes after I haven't eaten in a while, when I do eat the roof of my mouth becomes extreamly swollen and painful, it feel like I'm being stabbed in the roof of my mouth. The thing is it only lasts for a few minutes and then it's gone, and I can't seem to figure out if certine foods trigger it. My Fiance said it has been happening to him for a while and it started happening to me after we started dating.....could there be a connection? It is something I could live with but would rather not. Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Angela
I know that eating habits are often shared with couples, I always attributed my problem to a vitamin deficiency.  I'm really interested if a doctor on here has a better suggestion.