Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Swollen glands with slight earache?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Swollen glands with slight earache?

I woke up today with painful swollen glands on the right side of my neck.  Tonight, I can also feel it in my ear, along with the back right side of my tongue.  The pain in the glands is so sore, painful to the touch.  My ear and tongue are nowhere near as painful.  Any ideas or clues?

I appreciate any responses :)  I am new to this site and the forums, and will fill in my profile soon!
I can understand what you are going through, I am sitting here in bed with same symptoms but I also have burning feeling.  I just got off the phone with my specialist and he is putting me on antibiotics.  Back in 2006 I had mastoiditis and it was a surprise to me.  I went into the er for just a migraine and come to find out I had severe ear infection with mastoidits.  The bone behind your ear that looks like a sponge and it was full of fluid.  this is rare but not uncommon.  Do you have any discharge from your ears?  Im not a Dr but someone with same symptoms.  I will be going in for other testing tomarrow to rule out mono and menegitis again.  I would call your pcp and see if they will see you.  I find that if you use a heating pad on that side with some tylenol that might help but everyone is different.

I hope I was of some help!
No, I don't have any discharge or any other symptoms at all.  I am starting to feel it in my right sinus now today too.  I am guessing I have to go to the pcp, just thought it might fade away.  I just have never felt such a tenderness/soreness in my glands like this before!  I will try try the heating pad...hate filling my system up with too many ibuprofin like I have been doing :(  
Thanks so much for your response!

Good luck on your tests, hun!  Hope they figure it out for you.  Let me know :)