Uvular Papilloma
After weeks and weeks of enduring a sore throat (some virus?) I looked in my mouth and there was a small "tag" on my uvula.  A few weeks have gone by and the sore throat is gone but the growth on my uvula is a little bigger.  In color it looks similar to the uvula itself, it's just an extention -of sorts- on one side of it hanging down.  I am one who worries a lot when it comes to medical issues, and I'm already panicking about surgery (I fear general anesthesia).  Is there any way this can be resolved without surgery?  I will make an appt. with an ENT shortly, but I would welcome any ideas while I wait for an appt.
Thank you in advance.
Alex
I had one just to the left of my uvula and my ENT cut it off in his office.  All they did was numb the area, cut it off and cauterize it with silver nitrate.  The silver nitrate burned, but was tolerable.  I just had it done today and my throat feels a little sore, but that's it.

They're sending it off to the lab, so hopefully I'll know in a few days exactly what it is.  My ENT says he sees these all the time and 99% of the time, they're just benign.
Well I know a guy he has a growth to the right side of his Uvula this tumor like seems like is growing real fast, but is not painful. is the same color of the uvula and appears to be from the same tissue.  Weird looking tho.  What you guys think?
Alex,
I have had this tissue that looks like an extention to my Uvula, but mine has changed from looking like....to sort of bubbly. I need to make an appointment with my ENT. I am a CPAP user and I noticed after using the CPAP for 5 years....this thing came on. I hope it's nothing.
Max
I know this posting is a few months old now, but I had the same problem.  I had what felt like a small skin tag or lump or something just behind and to the left of my uvula.  I went to my ENT today and he said not to worry, he has seen literally thousands of these in the time he's been practicing.

They didn't numb me up or anything at all.  He reached in with his cutty-grabby tool and cut....cut.....yank...cut...and that was it.  It didn't even hurt as bad as I had thought it would.  A small amount of blood and little soreness now that its been a few hours, but no big deal.

He showed the papilloma to me up close afterward which was pretty cool.  It had what looked like microscopic hairy protrusions on one end and about a 1cm long tan-colored root on the other end.

He said they're so common that he actually removed one from a woman this morning before my appointment.

Yes, he is sending it off to the lab, as is normal practice.  He knew exactly what it was as soon as it was removed and said that 99.999% of these are common and benign.

Bryan
So I went to 2 different doctors now, and I have this Uvular Papilloma thing. It doesn't look too threatening, and I was told by the specialist it's benign. The problem is I don't have medical insurance, so I've been denied treatment and the bills are just racking up. I'm ready to remove this thing myself, I have no fear in doing so. The only thing I'm wondering is how much bleeding may occur if I do decide to snip it.