Wake up coughing white thick mucus
This is more a statement than a question. For 2 years now I have been waking up several times in the night choking on white mucus, sometimes thick - sometimes thin. I generally do not get a solid nights sleep and feel tired. Every morning I cough up white mucus for the better part of an hour.
I have been the doctor route and now when my doctor sees me he is "fed up" he is frustrated since he has tried everything as he put it to dry me up. I sort of gave up and decided I was meant to live like this. Well, last week my daughter got a bad cold, passed it to me and we both evolved into what appeared to be sinus infections. We were put on ampillician (sp?) and took it for 2 days and we both got worse. We were coughing up and blowing out thick goopy white creamy stuff and my sinus were FULL. I put some info on white mucus into my search engine and I found a lady on a different board here who had the same exact symptoms....short version---she went to an ENT who told her her sinus were infested with mold...she took medicine (one nasal wash) and some other med. and in two days feels great. I have oil of oregano on my self, never used it right so it never worked. It is a herbal anit fungal. I read up the condition I had and put myself on 3 drops of the oil under my tongue, took 4 doses - then I filled an old nasal spray bottle with water and put 6 drops of oil of oregano in it, I sprayed it into my sinus....last night I woke up a few times, but took the spray and the oil of oregano and went back to sleep. This morning I woke up and starting the daily morning cough of white mucus, but this time I sprayed my sinus and put 3 drops under my tongue and I am sitting here for the first time in 2 years and NOT ONE COUGH - NOT ONE DROP OF MUCUS IS COMING OUT OF ME. I truely believe my sinus became filled with mold (I had taken a lot of anitbiotics) and my doctors never saw that....and the last antibiotic I took 3 days ago sent it off like wild. Well, here I am the next day and I feel pretty good. I have never had one morning where I am not gagging and spitting out mucus every other minute for an hour. This is something I thought I would learn to live with (my teenage daughter doesn't evren have sleep overs because it is so embarassing!! I always have asthma symtoms too and would even wake up gasping for breath....I am breathing excellent and feel pretty good. I will continue the 3 drops under my tongue every hour for this day and use the spray. If this is the answer I am grateful....It has been the worst two years of my life...going to be never knowing if I would get any sleep...or wake up walking the floor and coughing and gasping.
If you are hesitant to try the oil of oregano...read up on it. Or get your doctor to give you a anit fungal spray or medicine. Life is too short to live it sick day after day after day....There were just days I wanted to cry and not stop.
Thank goodness for the lady that posted that bulletin, simple fungus in the sinus...produces white mucus....here I sit, first thing in the morning, enjoying my coffee without gagging, coughing and spitting ( a violent cough) for the first time in 2 years....I thought I would take the time to post this because after surfing the web for 2 years and trying everything imaginable I would share my story as I know there are so many others!!
Hy Sam. Thank you for your story. I also have allergy to mold and I have the same white mucus in my sinuses. I will try harder to use the oregano oil as you say. I can say allergy to mold is the worst illness in the world.