Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What is a red spot on the back of my mild sore throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have been stressing out lately and developed a sore/strained neck for a few weeks.. I'm not sure if my neck lymph nodes are swollen, but I can feel a little lump when I tilt my head up and push kind of hard to feel it... Now I have a mild sore throat, some mucous in my throat and a pea sized red spot on the back of my throat, It also feels like my ear hurts a little when I swallow.. I have also been dizzy the last few days and have mild headaches.. A year ago a doctor said I have post nasal drip so could this be caused by that flaring up again? Or is it a viral infection?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still have the symptoms that you mentioned? What other symptoms were present? Sore throat may indeed be caused by viral or bacterial infection. The more common is viral in nature and symptoms such as caused by the inflammation may resolve after a few days of rest and symptomatic relief. Other symptoms that may be present with such infection include nasal congestion, ear pain, headache, fever and dizziness. Rest, increased fluid intake, decongestants, gargle and lozenges may help provide relief.  If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you :) me throat seems better and the red spot in the back of my throat is gone. I do however have headaches still and woke up this morning with ear pain. To add on top of that a few days ago I think I got a hemorrhoid :( but I have been taking sitz baths and now it is going away but I have a slight swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin and its freaking me out.. Could this be caused by the hemorrhoid? I've been having a lot of stuff wrong with me lately because I've been stressing out for the past month over a sexual encounter I had ( I received oral sex) (I'm a female). So I've been stressing Ithat I could have gotten hiv or gonoorrhea or something and now I have all these symptoms and its scaring the crap out of me :( do u think my symptoms are std related or just from a viral infection? Thanks for any input and your help :)
Also forgot to mention that I do not have a fever but a few weeks ago I had a night sweat. And the sexual encounter happened about 4 weeks ago