Ear, Nose & Throat Community
White Patch at back of throat...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

White Patch at back of throat...

Last May I started to feel as though I had a dry spot at the back right hand side of my throat where my tonsil used to be.  I had my tonsils out 7 years ago and I had some type of ulceration growing on my right tonsil.  My tonsils were so swollen they caused me not to be able to breathe.  Following surgery, they told me not to do anything strenuous.  I began running in gym class about a week after surgery and I started bleeding.  I just figured it was from me running.  I didn't go back to the doc.  Ever since I had my tonsils out, when I run or do anything strenuous, my throat will bleed a little or I'll have traces of blood in my phlem.  Anyways, back to my question...when my throat started to become dry on the right side last year, I eventually started to see a white patch at the back of my throat on the right hand side.  Over the last year, the patch has gotten larger and I am starting to see a little bit of white (not as obvious) on the left hand side.  I have also had issues breathing on that same side of my throat.  My throat itself doesn't hurt at all, but I almost have a panic attack because it seems like this patch may be affecting the right side of my body.  It is very painful when I can't breath and when I can't breathe, it seems like I have to force myself and then I have pain from force breathing.  My sinuses also seem clogged.  FYI - all these symptoms began after I was exposed to mold in my old house.  I lived in a house for 2 1/2 years and last summer the basement in the house flooded - I started getting laryngitis a lot and that is when the patch appeared and the breathing problems.  Also, I have a thick discharge and my periods have been irregular with large blood clots.  ????  Any ideas???  Should I see a regular physician or an ENT or a gyno?  Thanks.