Ear, Nose & Throat Community
crusty, sore, runny nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

crusty, sore, runny nose

It started 4 days ago with a sore on the right inside part of my nose. The mucus was crusty and sort of stuck to my wall of my nose. Of course i would pick it off because it was annoying. Then it got worse and worse. It is extremely painful and my right side just keeps making mucus. Now my nose is raw and bloody. Along with the mucus attaching to the side of my walls. ALOT!! VERY PAINFUL!!!!!!
I have suffered long and hard with the same thing last winter.  It is from the dry air in the winter time and the inside of your nose needs to be lubricated.  You can buy this in the pharmacy aisle and put some in your nose several times a day to keep it moist.  It will not be drippy while you work--it is relief.  It is called Ayr Saline Nasal Gel.  I felt it coming on this  year and started that right away and I didn't get a sore that stayed so long.  Last winter when I suffered like you are I actually dabbed Neosporin with the pain relief right in my nose on the sore area and it took the soreness out so I didn't mess with it so much.  It gradually healed.  I hope that helps.
I have the same problem and use Ayr nasal gel. Thus far the problem hasen't gone away.Very annoying. What else can I try?