Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ear popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

ear popping

every time i breathe in through my nose my left ear clogs up, its been like that for a long time, it hasnt really bothered me til now, i cant pop it no matter what i do. please help me out with some advice.
  • Ear problem (1 replies):
    It feels like my ear is blocked the ENT doctor said it i...[more]
  • Ear infection? (1 replies):
    For the past week or two I haven't been able to hear in ...[more]
  • ears nose (1 replies):
    i have had green mucas from my nose now for about 3 week...[more]
  • my ear (5 replies):
    my ears block but if i pull my ear lobe back it pops so ...[more]
  • ear problem (1 replies):
    what causes my ears to plug up after eating?
Stopping dairy may help.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations can help clear the tube.
If they don't open up, then the tubes can also be blocked in Eustachian  tubes dysfunction. The blockage can be intermittent. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation, who may then refer you to an ENT specialist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.