fungal ear infection
I was diagnosed with a fungal ear infection (tropical ear) today - I have had repeatedly dealt with 'swimmers ear' over the past 3 years, sometimes as often as 3 times per year.  I have had severe pain in the affected ear, as well as pain in the temple on the affected side.  Starting 2 days ago, the lymph node behind that ear (which has been swollen since Nov. 07) became extremely painful.  It's like having cramps in the side of your neck at times.  My ENT prescribed ZOTO-HC OTIC SOL.  My question:  Is or has anyone else dealt with this type of infection - and how long does the pain last?  I have been in pain since New Year's Eve, and used three different types of drops, along with Zithromax.  The only thing that seems to help is piggy-backing Aleve and Ibuprofen (2 Aleve, 2 Ibuprofen three hours later - repeating evey 6 six hours).  I know that is twice the recommended amount of Aleve you should take in a day, and you shouldn't combine the two - but I am at my wits end - I have to be able to function to work and take care of my kids!  Tylenol is useless.  Any suggestions??
I see that a lot of people are affected by this ear fungus ailment. I am too. It started about 3 years ago as a persistent itch. Of course, I made it worse by scratching the itch. Hey, it felt *so* good to scratch it! I guess by scratching with various devices, I caused additional problems and ended up with a punctured ear drum and a bacterial infection on top of the fungal infection. I've never had much pain with this. Just the itch and loss of hearing. Note that at this point, doctors were no help at all. Four different docs plus the staff at the ER were unable to properly diagnose the issue as a fungal infection. Finally, after using antibiotic ear drops, the bacterial infection cleared up enough so that an E.N.T. specialist was able to diagnose the fungal infection. He "painted my ear purple" and prescribed ear drops, "Hydrocort Acetic Acid 2-1% OTI OTIS". Within 4 weeks my ear was completely clear with no more itch. The ENT said the fungus issue may go away completely and never come back or it might come back, or it may only subside. He said it can be tough to treat.

Fast forward about 4 months and the fungal infection is coming back. I suspect my high blood sugar has a lot to do with it. I'm going to try, at the suggestion of the ENT, Lotramin Ultra in my ear to see if that clears it up. If not, I may try the suggestions presented here. The garlic makes sense and the special concoction by paulajean777 is also a possibility.

At least I know better than to use implements of destruction to scratch my ear canal this time.
I have been dealing with the same thing for 2 weeks and have been to hell and back with it. I have now spent about 800 dollars on 3 visits to the doctor, very expensive ear drops, and antibiotics in addition to high levels of tylenol. After first being diagnosed with an ear infection and excessive ear wax, my new doctor determined that it was fungal and put the dye and anti-fungal powder in my ear today. I am already feeling relief, and am praying this will finally get rid of this pain. I will report back.
I have been suffering from chronic itching forever.  I have had many ear infections (probably fungal).  First ent told me I had skin condition, next wnt to urgent care and told I had fungal and baterial infection, meds didn't work and finally went to second ENT, gave me new fungal med, didn't work, went back to regular doctor to be given more and more meds, and finally on my third ent who told me that all those meds have created such a huge fungal infection.  My ear is absolutey killing me for months now.  He cleaned it out and put cream in it.  I am to go back this week, but I am already itching, have drainage coming out of ear, pain, my throat hurts.  This is intolerable.  I have taken Vicoden twice for it.  I am using a mix of vinegar/alcohol (rubbing) for other ear until bad ear is better then I can use it on that one he told me.  Hope he can finally resolve problem tomorrow.    I am type I diabetic and I am sure that doesn't help.  I feel for each and everyone of you and I don't think these stinking doctors get it and how much pain we are in when we call them for help.  It seems like they just put us on the back burner.  Pisses me off.  
I've taken both my little boy and myself to a chiropractor for ear infections the last 8 years and we have never had to take antibiotics yet.  First sign of an ear ache go in!  If your chiropractor doesn't know what to do for it, have them check their text books, apparently there are pressure points and a joint tucked behind the ear and if you move it just right, your body will handle the infection itself and flush the bug away... drink lots of water though too and beef up vitamin C and get some greens like chorella and then do oregano oil under the tongue.  Still never an antibiotic for either of us and I don't think we ever will need one.  Wishing you much fast relief!
Im in it 2months + .Ive been windsurfing for 4 years and never had this problem before.
My pain started bit different from others here. First it was sharp (knife) over my eye. Just few times impulse. Next day was less painful but then it spreded over all forehead. After few days I had a pressure on temples.Very strong one, so I went to GP and he gave me pain killers with comments that is sinuses. I was back in 2 days coz pain was just worst and other GP found one of my ear drum bit more red then other and + I told him about windsurfing in dirthy water so he gave me Zinnat 250. I started to feel like I have some electric wire strapped around my right ear and after 2nd day taking this I could also feel hot pain inside my ear tube. Cracking in E-tube and nose. After 1 week major pain was gone but still have teples pressure or pain in the tube with cracking and itchi. Tried also Claricitan, ear drops etc. I was on ENT, where they said my ears are ok, if I have head problems I should get CT. Which I did and didnt show any infection. Also blood and CRP protein test showed clear. I got a audio test and ear drumms are 100%, just sono test showerd that my right E-tube has problems with bass a bit, so  ENT specialist diagnose I have alergic cold of Eustach tube. Strange thing is, that sometimes when I wake up, I feel ok firs 5 min, then it all starts again, either itchi in tube/s or pain behind neck, or pressure on left temple or both sides. And most weird one is strange presure on nose bone...from outside, like somebody would press with finger. Sometimes that itchi feeling goes all the way down to the throught on my glens and even touch the top of the chest.
And of course tinitus. Sometimes ( when u turned off the sound on old TV, u still hear that high pitch sound) constant low, but sometimes impulses louder up. Sometimes mixture with deeper one ( like hoover in next door ). Sometimes I can feel Etubes " pumping" swelling up in impulses like heart beat. Sometimes they like locke up ir something and the "hoover" comes on board.
These pains are not constant, they comming in various cycles and combinations, so cant say I have problem with sinuses, coz I was trying heating therapy, besides I can breath so well now like I didnt before. I use to have problem with blocked nose, coz windsurfing in cold conditions. Im taking now Aerius (anti alergy pills ) for 2 weeks and no improvement, so thinkig to try acupuncture now.  If anybody has a simmilar problems , please share with me. It really helps for my psycho...coz Im starting to loosin it. If any advice, even better. Cheers
Thanks for all the good advice . I'm not having the pain ,itching that some
of you are having thankfully. Went the antibiotics/corticosteroid drps/syringing
route. No help .
Going for garlic
my 6 year old son has been dealing with this fungal ear infection crap for over a year now.his gets so bad that his ear will fill up with blood.he has been treated with antibiotics and countless different ear drops and it keeps coming back.he is now seeind an ear specialist but it just started bleeding again tonight.he does not get pain with it but he has hardly any hearing in that ear and I worry it is gonna cause permenant damage to his hearing.I feel so sorry for him cuz all they do is keep giving us different drops.please if someone has any ideas or suggestions because I know the blood coming from his ear is not normal.
Use ENT recommended solution. 6 oz. vinegar + 6 0z. alcohol.  Mix together.
Place in microwave 20 seconds. Use a 3 oz ear syringe(from local drugstore) fill syringe with solution. Place ear down(NOT eye down)over sink.Place nozzle of syringe in the opening of ear far enough to direct flow but not too far to obstruct drainage. Squeeze syringe forcibly, several times to swish all solution into the ear ( the rinsing action is important to clear all debris). You will not damage ear squeezing too hard. Apply solution once or twice daily for 7 days.(depending on severity of ear problem). If you get dizzy the solution is either too hot or too cold, so adjust accordingly. Dizziness will pass after a few moments. If helpful, hold a wash cloth to your face,away from eyes, to catch drainage and avoid the solution reaching eyes. If it gets in eye it WILL burn; flush with water or saline... This solution works miracles for itchy, draining ears, or ear infection caused by fungus. I have been to urgent care & the ER and left them with pain pills and antibiotics and even had a wick put in my ear due to swelling, before I made to an ENT who told me, if I'd have gone to them first they could have saved me all the trouble,pain & money. He took me off all those meds, gave me this remedy and now I always know what to do for my ear problem when it occurs. Hope this helps some of you.  
i put vinegar in a cotton and used it for a teatment and its work!thanks to my doctor.
I would try a new doctor...A lot has improved in the field in the past several years so if your doctor is older he may not know everything that a younger doctor does.  Also doctors tend to like treating symptoms rather then the cause so you may have to pull it out of them by asking questions and making your own educated decisions.  
Hi, m suffering frm ear infection since 3 yrs repeatedly. Though I m a physician, Gonna try your vinegar therapy. Let's see.
Never take steroids for fungal infections.
Ok - here is the solution.
Ear has bacteria and fungus naturally, living in competition with each other. When one gets the upper hand (e.g. from water getting in and stimulating the fungus) you get an infection with all the symptoms.
So you have to kill both of them off to allow the ear to heal.
That means a high dose of prednisone and antibiotics - together
Once it heals you can control it with various medicines such as lotrimin and so forth. The ear must be kept dry and clean which can only be properly done by an ENT , who can suck out the dead skin and fungus.
Ok, say you tried this and this did not work for you - the answer is the prednisone and abx were too low dose. Drs., even ENTs, are intensely risk adverse and will tend to underprescribe chronically. Believe me if the prednisone (dosepak) is high enough symptoms will disappear. I should have written that in all caps.
Also I agree with never using q-tips. Instead of white vinegar I prefer domeboro solution, since it is cleaner.
In the end, this is a problem because of docs being afraid to prescribe sufficiently high doses to cure diseases, lack of experience with treating this problem properly, as well as hesitation to combine the abx and prednisone together.
It is rather simple actually to solve if you find a cooperative doc.

I forgot to add that you need to be using an antifungal with this treatment. Oral ketoconazole works best but you have to follow up with liver tests. The doc can put a few drops of a strong antifungal solution in your ear after it is irrigated.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMake sure you read the last two posts together
Clotrimazole, AF Antifungal AthleteS Foot Topical Solution 1% (Generic Lotrimin) works good after the infection subsides  - stay away from the cream version
Some folks may also benefit from dermotic solution if they have developed an allergy because of long term exposure to fungus
Try GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract). Nutribiotics makes it and it is a powerful antibacterial/antifungal. I went through all of the numerous doctors, specialists etc. This works......takes awhile...but it works. I mix about ten drops in Glycerin and heat it up. Then I put about five drops in the ear. I let it sit in the ear for about five minutes and then I let it drain. Persistence is the key here.
Good luck.
Years ago I was prescribed zithromax. I took the pills as I should but was not told to go on probiotics. Soon after I got a massive fungal rash on my back, and got bad dandruff. Later, I noticed that I had what seemed to be "ear dandruff", and my ear was sometimes itchy. After months of tryin I finally got rid of the rash on my back, but the dandruff has persisted for years. Now I have had a painful earache went to the hospital emergency room one evening.  I was prescribed an antibiotic suspension for my ear.  I  researched ear infections and found that fungal infections get much worse if an antibiotic is used on them.  Is there a chance my ear could be infected with the same fungus that is causing my dandruff? I don't know what to do, I am in great pain but afraid to fill the antibiotic prescription. I read that a mixture of cider vinegar and peroxide would take care of the infection. What should I do?
I have been dealing with mostly same issues as everybdy else on here as well but my sound bad like kims. Taking initiative to find good ent asap bc im at point its driving me flipping crazy ! Feels swollen shut and like smbdy jabbed me in ear over n over wth an ice pick. Havr done pain drops anti bac drops , peroxide n alcohol. OIt will subside for period of time then return worse. I read online if untreatef for long period of tme your ear drum and hearing can be permanatly affectef nd also read tumor in that area of brain above ear area causes same symptoms. Praying for all dealing with this and that you all heal !
What was the name of the antibiotic and ear drops you used? I contracted a staff infection in my nose back in July of 2012.  Had a heavy dose of 2 strong antibiotics to get rid of it.  Broke out in a rash of dry skin around my nose and mouth while on the antibiotics. I thought the antibiotics are what caused it but then had problems with my ears itching like crazy and went to an ENT.  Was also having extreme sinus pain. I had sinus surgery 10 years ago for a cyst and thought something had returned. ENT did a CT-scan that was negative. Did a scope up my nose that was negative. Diagnosed the itching in my ear as eczema and prescribed ear drops that cleared it up.  Now I am having so much ear wax build up that my ear canal gets plugged and I can't hear well. Sometimes both ears. This has continually gotten worse since that staff infection.  I suspect it is a fungal infection that keeps creating the excessive wax production but have not had any doctor diagnose it.  They just put you on an antibiotic.  I need to know the antibiotic and ear drops you used.  Appreciate any info.  The pressure in my inner ear is horrible and constant.
HAVE YOUR hear of the book by Dr. Crook called the yeast connection, a lot of good information about yeast and yeast infections.

Candida overgrowth and chronic illness affect men, women and children. Visit us often for practical tips and the best health supplements and guides on the market today. We have all the resources you need to explore the yeast connection in your life and help you take charge of your health.You can order the book onlinre  

Home - About - Yeast-Fighting Program - Connecting - Resources - From the Book - Store
Expert Advice - Yeast: Yes or No - Try This - Success Stories
© Professional Books DBA The Yeast Connection. All Rights Reserved.
Read our privacy guidelines
Legal Disclaimer
Contact Us

Apple Cider Vinegar with 70% alchohol 2 drops in each ear all the way down the canal then straighten the head and let it come out. I've had severe ear pain and this gets rid of the itch and pain. I had sinus surgery in 1989 and it does NOT help.Look it up! I'm not a health professional but, I went to a lot of them that prescribed antiobiotics which did not help. Your ears will itch if it's fungal.
Apple Cider Vinegar with 70% alchohol 2 drops in each ear all the way down the canal then straighten the head and let it come out. I've had severe ear pain and this gets rid of the itch and pain. I had sinus surgery in 1989 and it does NOT help.Look it up! I'm not a health professional but, I went to a lot of them that prescribed antiobiotics which did not help. Your ears will itch if it's fungal. Works for the back and anywhere there is a fungal rash.
Had it on my back and under my breast and it works!!!!
Ok so iv been dealing with wet itchy ears since my 8th month of pregnancy my son was just born on 3-21-13 and the itches and pain are still their also im a diabetic :/ think its time to see a ENT :/
I am suffering from this now ...... my ENT doctor gave me antifungal cream ....for 20 days .. i now feel better but i can't hear well cause of the cream he will make me ear wash so i'll be better
Hi. Have you found a solution?  My son has been suffering with ear infections for over 2 years. He has tried all the antibiotics out there and non work.  He has fungal in his ear.  
Good day all. I was diagnosed with and ear infection and fungus by my GP yesterday . He prescribed MYCOSYST and KLABAX along with an ear drop. The pain is terrible and I barely slept for the past two nights.
It sounds like you may have a candida/yeast infection and the more you use anti-biotics the worse it will get. Yeast is a fungus and a mean one! Believe me I know. It may also systemtic which means its in your whole body not just the ears. A strict alkaline cleanse followed by probiotics and then a yeast free diet for 30 days, heavy on raw green veggies, no fruit, will probably eraticate it, but the more sweets, alcohol and processed food that you ingest will only feed the yeast/beast and will keep bringing it back. I've been through it all. So I feel for you. My ears drums have literally burst and bled, I was deaf for 2 months and actually had my facial nerves collaspe for a while. I have been to the ER more times this last year than I have been in whole life. After finally realizing what the cause was, I was determined to disipline myself because it was WORTH never going through that pain again. I have now been pain free for a couple months but whenever I eat sugar,bread, or anything with yeast, I feel that twinge in my ear and stop eating it and go back to my regimine.  I hope this helps. Good Luck and God Bless You.
Hi everyone,
I was dealing with itching flaking ears for almost a year. Every time I saw my doctor he would look and tell me nothing wrong. I was using q-tips far to much and using everything from paper clips to well anything that would fit to try and scratch. I know this is a very bad idea but the itching was maddening. Over the past holiday weekend my left ear was so swollen I could hear very little and the pain was unbearable. I had a lot of draining and would wake up with it crusted all around my ear.  I skipped my normal dr and went straight to an ENT dr. She gave me a script for saturated boric acid, to rinse 2 times a day each ear for 2 mins. The first time I used it there was some burning but the relief from the itching and pain was quick. The boric acid solution changes the PH in your ears to make it impossible for fungus or bacteria to grow. I hope this helps someone out there.
ive had ear infections for the last 20 years which after several repeated  ear ops consisting of replacing the ear drum relinging it..and cleaning it then a mastoid cavity..and a cholesteatoma which was removed 6 years ago ..ive now got another cholesteatoma impacted in my cavity now..... as it was had anMRI  in London   yesterday and awaitin results....i got my gp to transfere me to the ENT in London of greys inn road london as im from Peterborough near cambs as i was very dissatifyd with all the prodding and poking i was getting in peterborough and sort London Ent to help me..they took me as a nhs patient....and now im back again with varius black ear  infection s "aspigillus niger" its called i believe....
hello

I have been suffering from ear fungus for more than a year, I'v been suffering from a lot of fungus attacks, I have tried everything from creams to garlic to alcohol, the garlic did work for some time and gave good results but the problem that it leaves the internal surface of the ear canal dry and the skin keeps exfoliating, and instead of having an easy to remove fungus it becomes a little sticky so you need not use it frequently
the other problem is that my ear is not secretion any ear wax, so no matter what are you doing fungus come returning because the first line defense is missing
so now I am trying Chinese medicine aqua puncture, its giving good results so far, but still no wax
do you use olive oil infused with garlic. it may not be so drying
I used to have fungus infection at least once a year. And the only way to get rid of the infection is to get it cleared up by an ENT specialist (in my case). But then the cause of the fungus infection is actually the dead skin that I somehow shed. Therefore to prevent fungus infection I must fixed by skin shredding. I'm "fortunate" that at one stage I have very bad shedding of skin on my leg. It was with me for a long while. Then I begin to suspect that this shedding of skin was due to allergy. It took me a while that I found out that I'm allergic to soap! I found out by first reducing the amount of soap I used. I noticed that I was shedding less. Then I switch to non-soap cleanser. And this improves tremendously. Incidentally, I used to have dandruff. Actually my dandruff is also shedding of skin. And now my dandruff is gone. And I no longer have fungus infection in the ear too!
This answer from me may be late. I had the same problem and my ENT specialist had to tell me to expect to see him at least once a year! Finally I resolved my problem. Essentially I think fungus grow in the ear because there are dead skin in the ear. So you need to solve the dead skin problem. It took me a long while to realize that the dead skin problem I have was due to an allergy. I actually have an allergy to soap. And everyday I was using soap when bathing. After I switch to a non-soap cleanser for bathing and even washing my hair, my dead skin problem goes away - and I'm fungus free so far! It works for me, I'm not sure if it does you. But surely it is no harm to try switching to non-soap cleanser.
Coconut oil helped me clear this up. It is naturally antifungal. I also rinsed my ear with a few drops of peroxide every other day. Remarkable clearing and the itch is gone!!!
hey people i cant get anyone to see some of my post i need help with and i been worried for months ><  it take stress you know? here are some linkss iv been worried about.  ok here is the newest one so far
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/Need-answer-please-about-my-ear--worried/show/2223018#post_10659975
here is a link that has a problem bothering me over a year non stop that im worried about its started at Feb. 2013 look for my comments pretty much at the bottom of the page in my word of explaining it.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/continous-breathing--pusling-noise-in-ear--whats-wrong-with-me/show/408435
My son picked up an ear infection while on a tropical holiday,  its been 8 months now and we have tried everything,   antibiotics relieved it but did not clear it up,  antibiotic drops did not work and moistened the ear,  made it worse,  the best solution so far has been to fill his ear with Micreme antifungal cream that you can buy over the counter!   It took three weeks and it seemed to clear it up,  but he has since got his ear wet and it is back,  so it is an on going battle!   Earplugs,  shower caps,  blowdrying are all things you will have to keep doing to keep the ear dry!  good luck people,  its a long battle.
Dilute the vinegar 50/50 with water.  
I used orange essential oil against eczema, it worked pretty well. I have mold spore allergy. I removed the mold from my room, and my eczema is gone. My skin is itchy only by sleeping, becausethe spores are in the textils. But I think without further reinforcements they will perish.
My immune system wa compromised because of mycotoxicosis, but after 2 weeks it improved a lot.
I have tinnitus and probably a mild sinusitis, because my right tube was plugged. My doctor gave me a nasal spray, which helped to unplug it, but she did not believe that the cause is a fungal infection. Now she gave me another spray which contains steroids. I am not sure I want to use it, because it weakens the immune system. What do you think? Is there any alternative fungicidal treatment?
I guess I am writing way too late. I have tinnitus since I tried to remove black mold in an inproper way. No sinusitis yet, but who knows what will come. I had allergy too, which ended after I removed the mold (after 10 years). So you should look around in your home, maybe you have black mold too.
Hi, I had the same experience, my ringing ear had much more wax than the better one.
Creams are composed of oil drops in water. So I don't think they are ideal. Essential oils may be better, but I have not enough experiences yet.
I wake up with wet ears every night hearing level is fantastic just really a pain
First of all I must say that I am a spanish speaker so I will try to write properly concerning my english written please forgive me my faults...HOW TO HEAL COMPLETELY FUNGAL EAR INFECTION FOR LIFE...oK..first some tips to avoid ear infections.
1)...during the process of ear infection (fungal or bacteria) never ever again allow when you take a shower wash your internal ear with water and soap, please insert a cotton ball with vaseline in the external ear pavilion even this advice should be followed in the future even being healed, do not insert your finger into the internal canal corridor trying to clean with soap in the shower...the more you are a "dirty" person the more you are healthy gents or ladies.
2)...Never insert into the ear canal a finger trying to remove the wax this is a "butsheet" (sorry surely english mistake word)... because the wax will go more deeply inside instead drop from time to time one single drop per month of olive oil virgen extra into the ear being lying on bed turning-side you head. If you feel itching inside do not insert a finger just put an almond oil drop and shaking gently the ear pavilion, if you never touch (the internal ear) wax will leave outside without noticing.
3)..If you need to see a Doctor..(in spanish otorrinolaringologo...sorry) in order to remove wax never ever allow that the doctor insert a metal little stick or stiletto for removing it usually some doctors don´t sterilize properly these instruments so fungus or bacteria infections ocurred often. Three days before the doctor appointment by nights insert two drops of olive oil in each ear canal moving your head for a minute then afterwords go to the bathroom and let the oil leaves outside cleaning with a piece of kleenex. The best doctor's method is through and using metal syringe with warm pressure water.
FUNGAL OR BACTERIA INFECTION TO HEAL FOR LIVE NOT USING ANTIBIOTICS AT ALL..would you be so kind to forgive me but I feel tired so in the next comment (other day) I will do but oh GOD how difficult is to write in english for a foreigner as I am...perhaps I will do it in spanish I think everybody speaks my mother tongue ha-ha-ha..best regards to everyone. Tino
If the doctor can't prescribe her antifungal medications then I would recommend detoxifying the body to get rid of this fungal infection. Antibiotics just increase the fungus instead of killing it. Believe me, I have suffered from earaches and problems all of my nearly 50 years of life. Avoid grains and detoxify for a while. Systemic detoxifying drops internally.
I had a fungal infection a few of months back i ended up going to 3 different doctors because i was initially miss diagnosed with a sinus infection. I had so much pain in my left ear I could not do anything but shake my head from the intense pain, I was prescribed ibporofuen it didn't work for pain, then vicodin no luck, then was prescribed tylenol with codeine -nope didn't work either. It could have been that my misdiagnoses and treatment made my symptoms worse, I literally felt like i was going crazy I couldn't eat I couldn't sleep I could barely talk and I was always shaking my head, it was awful. I was in excruciating  pain for almost a week, Finally I went in to another clinic, thats when i was diagnosed with a fungal infection i was prescribed fungal infection drops not specific for the ear and tramadol because God only knows how bad i needed it, I was praying this medicine would numb my pain like crazy. I swear once i took the tramadol the pain went away within a minute or two,it got so much better. The DR referred me to an Ent and sure enough that DR said I had a fungal infection that caused a hole inside my ear  from all the pressure that it popped through the skin and caused my ear to bleed for days and thats why i was in so much pain....well i am about 6 months free from that awful fungus but I'm now starting to get pains again like just how it started the last time same ear and everything so I'm definitely worried may go see the ENT dr soon if it persists, thank God my insurance doesn't require referrals for specialists, either way I hope my story helped someone, you are absolutely not crazy something is wrong even if the dry says its not ,,and remember if pain persist see another DR if things don't get better and only get worse obviously somethings not right get a second opinion !