Ear, Nose & Throat Community
hear pulse in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

hear pulse in ear

hi! Im a 47 yr old female..healthy except for hypertension and very overweight ( I am working on that !)
Ive noticed just recently, that at quiet times I can hear my heartbeat/pulse in one or even both ears.
Anybody ever had that? is this scary or normal?
I have been congested in the nose...but dont have a cold ..and have never had allergies....
Its not all the  time, in fact, quite rare...but when it happens, I can sort of feel pressure in my ear(s) as well....
i experience hearing (and feeling) my pulse in my ear as well.. always my left.  no ENT seems to think this is alarming, but it is definitely annoying when it happens.  it has become less of a problem, however.. i used to not be able to exercise without it beating loudly (and uncomfortably) in my ear.. but now it just happens when i stand up too quickly, or when experiencing congestion - for a few seconds at a time.  i, too, can feel pressure in my ear as well. i find that tilting my head in the opposite direction sometimes makes it go away.  good luck to you.. i am sure it is nothing to be too concerned with, but if you find a true cause for this, please do share :)
I have the same problem and I can hear it in both ears! it is driving me nuts and I want it to stop. I also can feel my pulse throughout my body and can feel my hear beat. I don't think this is normal. I can take my pulse by just sitting still. Its creepy and annoying, how do I make it stop? Ive tried everything! Like sitting here typing this to you I can just feel pulsation in my ears/head. hmm... I work as a fire fighter and its hard to hear people when I am listening for them because all I hear is my heart beating, kinda like in the movies! I dunno...