mass under chin(sub-lingual)
im 18 my health has been slowly deteriorating for the past4 to 5 months. i have had this small mass under my chin and two or three on the back of my neck(mastoid,occipital area) and another on the left side of my upper back(trapezius) these "masses" are right below my skin and most are all the same size about 1/4 of an by 1/4 of an inch. i saw the doctor and he could only feel the mass under my chin...i think these lumps are easily palpable...but on another note he reccomended a biopsy on the lump under my chin he believes it be a lymph node...WHAT COULD THIS INDICATE? ARE THESE SYMPTOMS OF CANCER?  LONG TERM INFECTION?I JUST NEED SOME ANSWERS ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS.
The best advice is what you were already offered -- a biopsy!  There isn't much value is speculating on what it could be when, A) it should be biopsied and B) the biopsy will give you (hopefully) the answers you are looking for.  Could it be cancer or an infection?  Yes and Yes.