moveable, pea-sized lump in sternal notch

I have noticed a lump hiding in my sternal notch (the divvot at the base of my neck). I'm only 22 but i have been a miderate to heavy smoker for around 5 years and my family has a history of breast cancer (my grandmother and great grandmother on my mom's side), so i'm a little paranoid.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not but it seems to have gotten a little bigger. It's right in the center at the base of my throat so i don't think it's a lymph node but what do i know?

Any ideas?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The 'lump' could be a sebaceous cyst, a lipoma, a thyroid nodule or lymph nodes. They could also be herpes infections, cysts, yeast infections and infected hair follicles. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably an infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.