sinus infection?
I have had terrible headaches and some facial pressrue and som eleft ear pain.  About a month ago I had it also and did 3 round sof zithromax, then had a ct scan of the sinuese and said there was no infeciton.
Now I have a lot of post nasal draninge down my throat a bad cough and did the  z pac again but not much better. Was told to take cipro one pill nad it flared up  my intersitital cysitits so now he has called in doxycline.  Not a big fan of it cause I read it will lfare up my GERD which is very bad right now.
My question to the dr was I don't have a fever, I don't have colored discharge it is either clear or white.  Could this be viral and not bacteiral?
I do not want to take meds if they will flare up the Ic it is too painful any help would be appreicated.
I also should say I have had a bad cough and coughin gup the sinus drainage but again it is always clear. my ears are very full and am starting to take sudafed.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing cough. Cough is a protective mechanism by the body as it helps to prevent infections. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.