Ear, Nose & Throat Community
solutions for neck eustachian tube pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

A few months ago I got what I thought was a typical sinus infection, but (I think because of stress and lack of sleep) it never went away.  I had a round of Zithromax nearly 3 weeks ago which barely touched it, and started getting left-sided neck pain.  I went back to the doctor, was told the neck pain was the eustachian tube (and where the doctor pressed was indeed exactly where my pain was), and I was given 10 days of augmentin 875 mg 2x/day for 10 days.  The neck pain almost immediately went away but now, on day 6 of the 10 days, it's back again.

What can I do to get rid of the pain?  I've tried Mucinex, OTC sinus meds with pseudoephedrine, ibuprofen, Tylenol, and nasal rinses.