Ear, Nose & Throat Community
tonsil pocket
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tonsil pocket

I have a pocket in my tonsil that collects gunk. My throte is cronicly hurting. I am wondering if i need to get my tonsils removed.

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I actually googled it and found this really helpful page. If any one is suffering from the same thing.

http://www.internettradebureau.com/articles/tonsilstones.htm
Blank
1030775_tn?1252319236
.. A pocket?

Well, I just had this feeling in my throat..Kinda like when you have a peice of food caught in your throat. a little piece...Not succeeding in removing it by swallow or move my tongue around I went into the bathroom to figure out, there is like.. well, sorta how you decribed it.. only its like.. I dont know! Like a peice of my freakin mouth! its weird! and it was bleeding just a tad.. I can still feel it a little at the top of my throat too  :|  any advice?
Blank
Hey , I have the same problem. You actually get openings or pockets in your tonsils which collects food debris. It turns to a kernal, or hard knot of bacteria and food. It really stinks too. I actually push mine out with a tootbrush handle. I saw an episode of the Doctors where the tonsil can be resurfaced to prevent the food from getting trapped.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...