weird smell, head ache
For the past 6 months I have been having a weird smell "in my nose". At first it was occasional. Now it is daily, multiple times a day. It is also beginning to affect my taste. Nobody else can smell it ( I have had them smell my mouth when it happens ). When the "smell" arrives, I also get this pressure headache in the back of my head. It is very bothersome. I have a teflon pad in my head, plugging a spinal fluid leak, from surgery performed when I was 13. I am 44 now. Does anybody have any idea what is happening to my nose/taste?? This is so strange. Thanks in advance for any answer or help you can offer.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of bad foul smell in the nose could be due to sinus infections. They are due to stasis and infection of the sinus cavities, and the resultant drainage into the nose causes the bad smell. Facial pain, fever and nasal discharge are the other symptoms of sinusitis. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.