Phlegm after eating
After every time I eat anything I begin coughing until I get the phlegm out of my throat. It is always clear, but it is quite thick. This has been going on for 4 to 5 years, but it didn't used to be so bad. It used to happen only after I ate spicy food or food that was really hot. Now it happens after everything that I eat. I do not seem to have any other symptoms. I do smoke about 1 pack every 2 weeks, so not that often, but i do. I thought that maybe it was allergies, but I don't really have allergy problems. I hope that i have not left anything out. Please help me to find out what this is and what I can do to fix it if possible.
I would suggest you get a full examination by an ent physician to better assess your condition.  A wide range of processes (including rhinits and reflux) can lead to increased mucus production.  Quitting smoking is always a good idea.  It may help your symptoms and will definitely decrease exposure to carcinogens.  
it's acid reflux. it would probably be a good idea to get it checked out just to be safe but it's super common. The smoking has a lot to do with why you have reflux. Most doctors will tell you it should clear up with a PPi like nexium and say smoking shouldn't bother your stomach but it will. I had a good friend named Jen Barnes in high school. are you from san antonio. anyway i hope you feel better.
A related discussion, sinuses was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.