Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
post-nasal drip after nose surgery

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

post-nasal drip after nose surgery

I had a rivision rynoplasty 10 days ago and now am having severe post-nasal drip.  I had the original surgery 20 years ago to stop my post-nasal drip and chronic sinusidus and have not had a problem since then. I had the recent surgery to get rid of cartiledge that had accumulated at the tip since the last surgery. Is it normal to have post-nasal drip after surgery or could my old fix have been undone?
This may be normal but you need to be aware that if you develop a headache, a fever, a stiff neck, or the drip does not abate over the next 48 hours, you should call your doctor.
I am so glad to finally find someone that has the same problem as I do.  I always had post nasal drip but it wasn't severe until I had nasal surgery for sleep apnea.  It was so severe that I was gulping every 3 seconds to get the drainage down.  I was being tortured and my Dr. kept giving me antihistimines that made it worse.  I was so miserable that I had decided that if a Dr. couldn't find a way to stop the drainage I was going to end my life.  Thankfully I went to an allergist and was put on allergy shots and it slowed it down tremendously. I guess the drainage I always had before that wasn't really bothersome was some type of allergy problem and when they removed whatever they removed it opened the flood gate.  I would run to an allergist!