post-nasal drip after nose surgery
I had a rivision rynoplasty 10 days ago and now am having severe post-nasal drip.  I had the original surgery 20 years ago to stop my post-nasal drip and chronic sinusidus and have not had a problem since then. I had the recent surgery to get rid of cartiledge that had accumulated at the tip since the last surgery. Is it normal to have post-nasal drip after surgery or could my old fix have been undone?
This may be normal but you need to be aware that if you develop a headache, a fever, a stiff neck, or the drip does not abate over the next 48 hours, you should call your doctor.
I am so glad to finally find someone that has the same problem as I do.  I always had post nasal drip but it wasn't severe until I had nasal surgery for sleep apnea.  It was so severe that I was gulping every 3 seconds to get the drainage down.  I was being tortured and my Dr. kept giving me antihistimines that made it worse.  I was so miserable that I had decided that if a Dr. couldn't find a way to stop the drainage I was going to end my life.  Thankfully I went to an allergist and was put on allergy shots and it slowed it down tremendously. I guess the drainage I always had before that wasn't really bothersome was some type of allergy problem and when they removed whatever they removed it opened the flood gate.  I would run to an allergist!